Mung Methi Pulao
- 2 cups Rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup fresh Methi | Fenugreek Leaves *
- ½ cup green Mung | Moong dal, washed and soaked for 1 hour
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Cardamoms, 1 2’inch Cinnamon stick and 2 Cloves
- ½ tbsp Jeera | Cumin
- 2 Green chilies, cut length-wise and deseeded
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- few Cashews
How to make Mung Methi Pulao
First heat oil in a pan and drop in cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and jeera. When these spices start to leave aroma, add sliced onions and cashews, fry till light brown.
Now add green chilies, mung dal and methi leaves, fry till mung dal is cooked and methi is soft.
To this add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt (adjust salt if you are using salt while cooking rice). Fry for 2-3 minutes.
Lastly add cooked rice and gently stir till all the ingredients are mixed together.
Cook for another 3-4 minutes by covering with a lid.
Serve hot with papad or jeera aloo.
Add love to make this Mung Methi Pulao taste ‘Yummy’.
Tips to make Perfect Mung Methi Pulao
- De-stalk methi leaves and wash thoroughly.
- Cook rice in such a way that each grain should be separate.
- Spread cooked rice on a plate and leave it to cool under fan.
Here is a complete picture of the recipes which we two (me and Valar) relished one fine afternoon. It was quite an indulging meal. You can see healthy salad, mung-methi pulao, masala vada from Valar, jeera-aloo and fruit(s) custard in the pictures.