Jeera Aloo – Cumin Flavoured Potato Curry
- ½ kg Aloo/Potato pieces, peeled, washed and par boiled
- 1 Onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2-3 Green chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 1 Cardamom, 1 Clove and 1’ inch stick of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Coriander powder
- 2-3 springs fresh Coriander leaves, chopped
Add oil to a heavy bottom cooking vessel. To this add cardamom, clove and cinnamon stick. When the spices start to leave the aroma add sliced onions and fry till translucent.
Now add jeera/cumin seeds and chopped green chilies. Fry till cumin seeds start to splutter. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry for 1 more minute.
Add par boiled potato pieces and mix well by adding coriander powder.
Cook for another 2-3 minutes by covering with a lid. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Add ‘love’ to make this Jeera Aloo taste ‘YUMMY’.
Ramadan Special: My sincere apologies to all the people participating in the event Joy From Fasting To Feasting (Season-II). I will update the post in a day or two with some yum entries I received so far. Thank you for understanding and participating.