Who doesn’t like easy to make meals? In the rush hour of morning glory when you need to make breakfast and lunch in the quickest possible time….you look out for easy to make and yummy to taste recipes. Our today’s recipe Pudina Pulao with Anardana Raita will exactly fall under this category. Flavoursome, aromatic and super easy to make Pudina Pulao is best one pot meal which you can pack in lunch box or make it for brunch or on any weekday/weekend lunch or dinner. Set your taste buds going by making this scrumptious combo of simple yet delightful Pudina Pulao with anardana raita….
Pudina Pulao with Anardana Raita
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 small Carrot, diced
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 1 cup loosely packed Mint leaves
- 1 Onion
- 3 Green chillies
- ¼ cup loosely packed Coriander leaves
- ½ tbsp. Cumin
- ½ tbsp. Mustard seeds
- ¾ tbsp. Urad dal
- ½ tbsp. Chana dal/Split Chickpeas
- 6 Curry leaves
- 1 dry Red chilli
How to make Pudina Pulao
- Cook rice and spread on a plate to cool.
- Make smooth paste of ingredients mentioned under ‘To Grind’.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and when it heats up, add one by one all the ingredients mentioned under ‘Tempering’.
- When the curry leaves starts to change color, add diced carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add above made paste and sauté till raw smell disappears.
- Add cooked and cooled rice. Mix gently until all the grains are evenly coated. Season with salt.
- Cook covered for another 4-5 minutes on low flame. Serve warm by garnishing with mint leaves.
- I served this pudina pulao with anardana raita.
- Add love to make this Pudina Pulao taste ‘Yummy’.
- ½ cup Curd/Yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Pomegranate kernels/Anardana
- ¼ tsp. roasted Cumin powder
- ½ tbsp. minced fresh coriander leaves
- pinch Chat masala
How to make Anardana Raita
Whisk curd until creamy. Add roasted cumin powder, chat masala and salt. Mix well. Add pomegranate kernels and coriander leaves, mix and serve.