Eggs and potatoes are always handy in my kitchen. When I am in hurry or cannot think of anything to cook, eggs and potatoes always come to my rescue. Many people think being a food blogger, I can fix up menu in no time. That’s true, but planning a menu is always a big thing to me. I love to try different recipes with eggs. This recipe Anday ka Khatta aka boiled egg curry is very easy to make with just few handy ingredients which are easily available in our pantry. Though I add boiled eggs to many khatta recipes like baigan ka khatta, mirchi ka khatta, tamatar ka khatta, etc, this anday ka khatta is my family favorite recipe. You can even call this as Bachelor’s Recipe as anyone can make it with ease. Hope you try this soon.
Main Ingredients need to make Ande ka Khatta are,
Hard Boiled Eggs
Roasted Coriander powder
Anday ka Khatta
Anday ka Khatta is simple, spicy and tangy recipe, where hard boiled eggs are simmered in onion and tamarind based gravy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 4 hard boiled Eggs, peeled
- 2 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp. roasted Coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 large Onions, finely sliced
- 1 Green chili, cut into half
- 1 cup Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 springs Coriander leaves, to garnish
How To Make Anday Ka Khatta
- Make length wise one or two slits on the peeled hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- Add oil to a skillet/kadai and fry onions and green chili by adding red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and cook covered until onions turn soft.
- Stir and add tamarind extract and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring this to boil, adjust salt and add hard boiled eggs.
- Cook till the gravy thickens lightly and the tamarind smell disappears. Stir in roasted coriander powder. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
- Add 'love' to make this Anday ka Khatta taste 'YUMMY'.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions
This is a quick fix recipe, when I run out of vegetables. So, you can easily serve this with streamed hot rice. The onion and tamarind based gravy when mixed in hot rice and eaten, the feeling is pure bliss. Try it to know!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g
Gloria (Canela) says
Dear, I love this recipe is absolutely yummy!!!xxGloria
this is so easy …will try some day…:-)
Look delicious the egg curry
Astra Libris says
Such a gorgeous way to cook boiled eggs! I can’t wait to try the recipe!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog – I’m so glad you led me to your blog as well! 🙂
Oh that looks so spicy & comforting.
Nice !! This is new for us..!Will for sure give it a try .
Clumbsy Cookie says
What an interesting simple recipe! It’s a great idea to transform plain boiled eggs into something special! I’m sure it tastes delicious!
Hey the curry looks great! Thanks for the award!
A wonderful yummy recipe – one to try that’s for sure.