Main Ingredients need to make Ande ka Khatta are,
Hard Boiled Eggs
Roasted Coriander powder
- 4 hard boiled Eggs, peeled
- 2 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp. roasted Coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 large Onions, finely sliced
- 1 Green chili, cut into half
- 1 cup Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 springs Coriander leaves, to garnish
How To Make Anday Ka Khatta
- Make length wise one or two slits on the peeled hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- Add oil to a skillet/kadai and fry onions and green chili by adding red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and cook covered until onions turn soft.
- Stir and add tamarind extract and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring this to boil, adjust salt and add hard boiled eggs.
- Cook till the gravy thickens lightly and the tamarind smell disappears. Stir in roasted coriander powder. Turn off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
- Add 'love' to make this Anday ka Khatta taste 'YUMMY'.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions
This is a quick fix recipe, when I run out of vegetables. So, you can easily serve this with streamed hot rice. The onion and tamarind based gravy when mixed in hot rice and eaten, the feeling is pure bliss. Try it to know!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g