I just can’t imagine my pantry without potatoes and eggs. These two come handy whenever I run out of ideas or in hurry to fix a meal. Like potatoes, eggs are also versatile. You can have them in breakfast, lunch, dinner and even in snack. A simple egg omellete can be a protein-rich breakfast, quick lunch or easy dinner or it can be a snack in jiffy.
5 Best Egg Recipes To Try:
Anday ka Khatta – Boiled Eggs in spicy Onion-Tamarind
Egg Burji – Savory scrambled egg recipe
Egg Dum Biryani – Flavorful and aromatic dum biryani recipe
Best Egg Rasmalai Recipe – Quicj and Easy Recipe
Egg Pudding – Must Try milk and egg dessert recipe
Skillet Egg in Tomato Sauce– A perfect iftar and suhoor recipe
Hyderabadi Anday ka Khagina Recipe
You know, this Hyderabadi Anday ka Khagina is much similar to Turkish Egg Dish, Menemen. I don’t know how this recipe has landed and got adapted here in Hyderabad, but that is what food is all about. Anday or andey or ande means ‘eggs’ and Khagina means seasoned omellete like dish.
This egg khagina is much similar to egg burji recipe. In egg burji we will scramble the eggs, in khagina we will leave them without scrambling.
Main ingredients needed to make Anday ka Khagina are,
Eggs: Rich and easy available source of protein and Vitamin B2, B6 and B12.
Onions: These will give nice gravy base to the recipe. Add more, if you don’t want to make dal or any other side dish to go with this. In that way, you can mix the onion gravy with rice and relish the eggs o side.
Green Chili: Adds heat to the recipe.
Roasted Coriander Powder: Brings aroma to the recipe.
Ginger-Garlic Paste: Brings flavour to the recipe.
Tips and Variations in making Egg Khagina Recipe
- If in hurry, pressure cook sliced onions with rest of the ingredients (leaving eggs) for one whistle.
- When onion mixture turn soft add eggs. Cook till done.
- My Mom-in-law adds chopped tomatoes, which bring color and flavour.
- You can even add garam masala for extra flavour.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Onions, sliced finely
- 1 Green chili, slit length-wise
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp. roasted Coriander powder, optional
- 2 tbsp. Coriander leaves, minced
- 2 tbsp. Oil
How to make Anday ka Khagina
- In a skillet, add oil and to drop in sliced onions, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, roasted coriander powder and salt.
- Reduce the flame and sauté for 1-2 minutes till all the spices get completely mix up with each other.
- Pour half a cup of water and cook covered till onions are soft. Using a spatula, gently mash the onion mixture (not completely).
- Reduce the flame and evenly spread the mixture using spatula. Crack open the eggs and drop down separately (i.e. one besides the other leaving little gap) in the mixture.
- Cook covered for another 5-8 minutes.
- Gently turn and cook on other side till eggs are completely cooked.
- Don’t stir. Turn off the flame and garnish with fresh minced coriander.
- Serve hot with rice and dal
- Add 'love' to make this Andey ka Khagina taste 'YUMMY'.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions:
As I said, Anday ka Khagina can easily be served with rice and dal. And this can also be served with roti or phulka. This Egg Khagina recipe can easily be carried or packed in kid or office lunch box.
Everyday Thali Recipe with Anday ka Khagina
Steamed Rice + Anday ka Khagina + Khatti Dal + Curd + Salad + Papad + Pickle
Roti | Phulka + Anday ka Khagina + Sheerkand + Fruit Juice
In place of khatti dal, you can make meethi dal, sambar, rasam or chaaru.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g