Mousse with Fresh Whipping Cream
Thank you dear friend
One Recipe, Many Memories
Before digging into the recipe, I want to tell you little about this dear friend…..How many times in life, you get a chance to encounter with a person who shares same name as you and who has same hobby/passion like you….I know it is bit rare…but I am very fortunate enough to encounter with someone who not only shares the same name with me….but also loves cooking & baking with all her heart, like me…. My encounter with her was through facebook, during the Holy month of Ramadan….As we are staying in the same city, we often use to exchange messages or chat on facebook…..
She is Doctor by profession and when I was in need of good gynaecologist in the city, during my pregnancy she helped me in choosing the best doctor in the city. In this course we have exchanged our telephone numbers and we use to talk occasionally…..our main topic would always be food…When my lil M arrived in this world, she was the one among those who was always there for me virtually, helping me, guiding me, listening to me, teaching me, pampering me, soothing me,….
It’s been three years, since I know her…but never met her in person….but to tell you I have never felt as if I have never met her…..so that’s the bliss of having a friend who knows by heart not by looks……Thank you Lubna Seemaz for being there whenever I was in need of you….This good friend of mine is going to celebrate her birthday this weekend and I dedicate this post to her…..Happy Birthday in advance dear Lubna Seemaz……
Eggless Mango Mousse Recipe
Mango Mousse Recipe
- 2 cups of Mango Puree
- 2 cups of Whipping Cream
- 4 tbsp. Icing Sugar
- 5 gms. Agar-Agar (China Grass)*
How to make Mango Mousse
- Prepare agar-agar mixture as per the directions mentioned on the packet and set aside.
- Whip up the cream with Mango puree and icing sugar for 30 seconds using hand blender. Now add agar-agar mixture to this and stir gently.
- Pour into desired glasses or cups and tap them gently to set evenly. Seal with plastic foil and leave it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with colored vermicelli or colored coconut flakes or chocolate chips and serve cold.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
Tips to make Perfect Mango Mousse
- I even made this mango mousse without agar-agar (china grass). It was creamy and yum. Agar-Agar is used only to hold the shape of the mousse. You can try with out using it too…
- You can substitute agar-agar with gelatin too.
- I used fresh and homemade mango puree in making this mousse. I used Himayat | Imam Pasad variety of mangoes in making this mousse.
- *Agar-Agar is easily available in most of the grocery stores. I bought Raya Brand which is 100% vegetarian and Halal too. These strands come in a pack of 10 gms. For Rs.18/-.
- This can be made it a day before and leave it for setting if you are having a party or guest at home.
- If not using agar-agar then chill the mixture of mousse for 2-3 hours and fill it in piping bag and make round swirls in the serving glass or bowl, garnish and serve cold.
How to make Whipping Cream at home?
It is very easy to whip up the cream at home. Here are some of the tips learnt by me in the process of whipping the cream.
- Take two bowls where one bowl is wide enough to fit the base of another one.
- Leave these bowls in fridge along with beater blades or whisker for 2-3 hours
- Get your ice cubes or chilled water ready.
- Take your bowls from the fridge, when you are ready to whip up the cream. In a big bowl, place ice cubes or chilled water and place another bowl and pour cream in this.
- Beat till cream starts to thicken and stiff peaks start to form (hold it’s shape and when you lift the beater the
cream will clings to the beater).
- If you beat cream long then it may becomes grainy.
- You can store whipping cream for one day in refrigerator. More on whipping cream can be read here.