I have grown up eating roti (Indian flat bread) in breakfast almost every day for good 20 years of my life. Choosing a different side dish to go with roti was always been a challenge to my mom at that time. Of many recipes my mom use to make as side dish to go with roti, this Egg Burji or Anda Burji or as we call it Anday ki Bhurji is my very favorite.
Egg Burji is simple to make recipe with minimal handy ingredients. I have learnt few other variations of this recipe after marriage, which I will share in coming posts…but till then make and enjoy this delicious Indian style scrambled eggs.
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Green chili, chopped
- ½ tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic Paste
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped Spring Onions
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- In a heavy bottom vessel add oil and when heats up add thinly sliced onions, green chillies, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and ginger-garlic paste. Combine well and cook covered for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the lid and check if the onions are translucent. Add chopped spring onions and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Crack open and add the eggs to the above mixture. Cook covered for 3-4 minutes and scramble them using a spatula.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and add minced coriander leaves. Turn off the flame and serve warm with roti or bread.
- Add love to make this Egg Burji taste ‘Yummy’.