Last week I was reading a book, which is portrayed in Chennai and author says the weather in Chennai gets…Hot, Hotter and Hottest round the year…and it is absolutely true. As the year go by we have summer summers, rainy summers and winter summers ….in Chennai…..eeeeee….it’s cheeky right…enough on weather update….Now let’s move on to post Watermelon Lemonade…
As the summer has officially begun, let’s start to include some cool and refreshing drinks, salads and easy recipes in our menu. To start with, we have Watermelon Lemonade. It’s the best drink to beat the heat. I have added a pinch of chat masala to this watermelon flavored lemonade, to give my taste buds feast of desi jingle….
Some of the Best Summer Drinks to Try,
How to make Watermelon Lemonade
- 3 cups cubed and seedless Watermelon
- ½ cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4-5 tbsp. Sugar
- pinch Salt
- pinch of Chat Masala, optional
- 3-4 fresh Mint leaves, garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- Ice cubes, as needed
- Puree watermelon cubes until well pureed. Run this through fine sieve and set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, salt and sugar, until sugar dissolves.
- To this add pureed watermelon juice. Stir well.
- Fill the serving glasses with ice cubes and pour in the above made watermelon lemonade.
- Sprinkle chat masala and garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices. Serve chilled.
- If not serving immediately then place this melon flavored lemonade in fridge to chill.
- Add love to make this melon flavored lemonade taste ‘Yummy’.