Last week I was reading a book, which is portrayed in Chennai and author says the weather in Chennai gets…Hot, Hotter and Hottest round the year…and it is absolutely true. As the year go by we have summer summers, rainy summers and winter summers ….in Chennai…..eeeeee….it’s cheeky right…enough on weather update….Now let’s move on to post Watermelon Lemonade…
As the summer has officially begun, let’s start to include some cool and refreshing drinks, salads and easy recipes in our menu. To start with, we have Watermelon Lemonade. It’s the best drink to beat the heat. I have added a pinch of chat masala to this watermelon flavored lemonade, to give my taste buds feast of desi jingle….
Some of the Best Summer Drinks to Try,
How to make Watermelon Lemonade
- 3 cups cubed and seedless Watermelon
- ½ cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4-5 tbsp. Sugar
- pinch Salt
- pinch of Chat Masala, optional
- 3-4 fresh Mint leaves, garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- Ice cubes, as needed
- Puree watermelon cubes until well pureed. Run this through fine sieve and set aside.
- In a pitcher, combine lemon juice, salt and sugar, until sugar dissolves.
- To this add pureed watermelon juice. Stir well.
- Fill the serving glasses with ice cubes and pour in the above made watermelon lemonade.
- Sprinkle chat masala and garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices. Serve chilled.
- If not serving immediately then place this melon flavored lemonade in fridge to chill.
- Add love to make this melon flavored lemonade taste ‘Yummy’.
Summer is fast approaching and have even arrived in some countries. This would be perfect to cool us down in scorching heat.
Farah Abdullah says
Aha! Since the hubby love watermelon juice… I’m noting this down to give him a treat! Would also want to try this, since it sounds sooooooo refreshing just judging from the ingredients.
This looks and sounds so refreshing! We’re right in the middle of summer here and I think this would be the perfect antidote to the heat 🙂
Nida Shabih says
Sounds really refreshing. Reminded me of summer.
Umme Hafsa says
Summer is coming soon – which means loads of watermelons 🙂 This looks a refreshing, tasty recipe to try out!
Your pictures are so beautiful. I can almost taste the drink by looking at them! We all love watermelon in the family and we eat them in big chunks in summer. This would be a great iftar drink
Chelsea WellnessMuslimah says
Yummm how refreshing! I’m totally gonna try this, I’ll just wait for the warmer weather when it will be extra tasty, in shaa Allah =)
Wow beautiful pics.I made watermelon juice but I have never tried watermelon lemonade.Surely It will be nice.
Zainab Dokrat says
omw love your pictures!!! Summer is in full swing here and this is making me drool! Really want to try it out ❤ (www.beautywithzainy.com and http://www.spicyfusionkitchen.com)
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth says
Beautiful click for this simple drink… need a lot of this when the summer hits…