As promised here is third and last recipe in our three recipe series on kid friendly party appetizers/starters. Chicken is most popular among kids and especially boneless chicken is favourite of many. Choosing a menu for a party keeping the kids in mind sometimes increases the recipe count as we go for less spicy and easy to eat recipes for kids, which indeed is tiresome at times. Sesame Prawns Dry, Chili Chicken and our today’s recipe Chicken Satay are three incredibly delicious and easy to make recipes which you can make for grownups and kids keeping the spice level in count.
Chicken satay, you find innumerous ways of making it….the recipe which I am going to share with you is my family favourite and very easy one to make. Chicken strips are marinated in a mildly spicy and aromatic marinade and grilled to perfection. These chicken satay are served hot with yogurt sauce/dip…which compliments the satay in a flavoursome way. Hope you are going to try this soon…Happy Cooking….
Chicken Satay with Yogurt Sauce
ORIGINAL SOURCE: PICKY EATERS
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into long strips
- ¾ tbsp. Garlic paste
- ¾ tbsp. roasted Coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp. chopped Lemongrass
- ½ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh crushed Black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Lime juice
- 3 tbsp. Chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sugar, optional
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a mortar crush roasted coriander seeds, garlic paste, lemongrass, turmeric, sugar, salt, chili sauce, and lime juice by adding ½ tbsp. oil until coarse.
- Take chicken strips in ziplock bag and add in above ground paste. Mix well and leave in fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Grease grill pan with little oil. Once the pan is heated up place the chicken skewers on it. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side on medium heat until chicken is cooked. Keep turning the skewers all the sides to ensure they cook evenly. Brush with oil in between.
- Serve with your yogurt sauce (check below for recipe) or any sauce of your choice.
- Add love to make these chicken satay taste ‘Yummy’.
Whisk a cup of thick yogurt by adding 1 clove crushed garlic, pinch of roasted cumin powder, pinch of black pepper powder, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and salt. Remove into a dip bowl and serve with chicken satay.
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before skewing them with chicken strips.