This summer make refreshing, rejuvenating and refined sugar-free watermelon coconut Agua Fresca to keep you cool. Sharing with an incredibly quick and easy recipe to make this delicious drink.
When March feels May, a hydrating and chilled drink like watermelon coconut agua fresca is much needed. During summer, it is a good practice to include more fruits and fruit juices in your diet.
A bowl of fresh fruit salad or tall glass of fruit juice not only keeps you hydrated but also nourishes the body with required nutrients.
As Ramadan is round the corner, fruit juices and fruit bowls are going to be my iftar snack most of the days. After a day long fast, a chilled drink is not only refreshing but also helps in boosting your energy levels.
Homemade fruit flavoured drinks are my favourite. I love playing around by combining fruit juices and making mocktails. After coming up with Guava Agua Fresca, which was an instant hit on my blog. Today I am going to share with you yet another refreshing and rejuvenating chilled Watermelon Coconut Agua Fresca. The best summer and iftar drink recipe ever.
Frequently Asked Questions about Agua Fresca
What does agua fresca mean?
Agua Fresca is chilled Mexican fruit drink made by combining one or two fruit juices, lime or lemon juice and sweetener.
What does agua fresca taste like?
Agua Fresca is light and tastes like refreshing version of fruit used in it. It is just like tasting fruit in liquid form.
How long is agua fresca good for?
If refrigerated properly in clean and dry bottle, this agua fresca stays fresh for 2-3 days. But I recommend making this fresh and in required quantity every time.
Must-Try Summer Drink Recipes
Beat the heat with these cool and refreshing summer drinks,
Tips to make Perfect Watermelon Coconut Agua Fresca
- For good taste and freshness, try making this drink just before serving.
- I usually make watermelon juice and keep it in fridge to chill. This will ease my work and will also add freshness to the drink.
- Adding ice cubes will dilute the drink, so I suggest you refrigerate the fruit or fruit juice before making agua fresca.
- Instead of sparkling water (soda), you can use chilled water too.
- You can even try adding limca or sprite or mountain dew. If using any of these sweet, aerated drinks, the sugar quotient in the drink will increase. Beware of that.
- A pinch of rock salt in watermelon coconut agua fresca is complete game changer. Do try it!
Variations in making Agua Fresca
You can use your choice of fruits in making this Mexican drink. The most commonly used fruits in making agua fresca are pineapple, guava, mango, sugarcane, strawberry, etc;
- 4 cups cubed and seedless Watermelon
- 200 ml Coconut water
- 3 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 200 ml Sparkling water
- 4-6 Ice cubes
- fresh Mint leaves, garnish
How to make Watermelon Coconut Agua Fresca
- Blend watermelon pieces until it is totally pulverized.
- Strain and add coconut water, lime juice and blend again for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to pitcher and add in above made juice. To this add sparkling water and stir.
- Drop in mint leaves and served chilled.
- Add love to make this agua fresca taste ‘Yummy’.
Lubna’s Serving Suggestions:
Always serve this watermelon coconut Agua Fresca cool and fresh by garnishing with mint leaves and watermelon slices.
Serve this in iftar with dates and any snack of your choice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g