remembered I made a bottle of cranberry syrup and thought of making a drink with it.
I quickly added cranberry syrup, ice cubes, lemon juice and sparkling water to a pitcher…stirred and served in serving glasses and served over. Every one enjoyed and loved the drink. The color was so beautiful that I could not resist clicking over. As it was tea time I served the drink with pudding cake. I am happy that I bought cranberries and made such a refreshing recipe.
Summer Cranberry Lemon Fizz
- 150 gms. fresh Cranberries
- 200 ml Water
TO MAKE SUMMER CRANBERRY LEMON FIZZ:
- 1 cup Cranberry Syrup
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- 250 ml Sparkling water
- 5 Lemon slices
- 2 sprigs fresh Mint leaves, optional
- Thoroughly wash and drain the water from cranberries.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan add fresh cranberries and water. On a medium high flame, bring this to boil and reduce the flame and cook covered till cranberries start to bulge and pop. This will take 15-20 minutes. Leave this to cool.
- Strain the liquid through a fine strainer and using the back of a spoon; gently press the berries to release their juices. Discard the berries and place the collected liquid back on the stove.
- Add sugar and bring this to boil and cook till sugar dissolves. Upon cooling pour this in a clean and dry bottle and refrigerate until use.
- In a pitcher add cranberry syrup, lemon juice, lemon slices, ice cubes and mint leaves. Pour in sparkling water and stir to combine all.
- Add ice cubes to serving glasses and pour in the above made cranberry lemon fizz. Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
- Add love to make this fizz taste ‘Yummy’.
- I somehow forgot to reserve some cranberries for garnish. So before boiling cranberries reserve some for garnish. The drink will look appealing.
- Play with flavours; add a cinnamon stick to this fizz for that zing or you can even add orange juice in place of lemon juice.
- I had leftover cranberry syrup mixed with sprite and it too tasted so good.