Today morning one of my neighbor bought fresh limes, which her mom has bought from her home garden. Fresh, juicy and organic limes….woo….hoo….the first thought occurred seeing those green limes is limeade. Chilled, minty and tangy….Mint Limeade is a perfect summer drink to pamper your senses and boost your immunity….
As making limeade was running in the background of my mind….we girls started taking about recipes which can be made with fresh limes. The list went endless with mouth-watering tangy recipes and slowly the conversation moved towards shopping. As we two foodies were engrossed in talking, I made this chilled glass of limeade to savor our senses…
I am addicted to this limeade and right now sipping this tangy drink and writing this refrshing post….Nothing can be more refreshing than a glass of limeade this summer. I am ready to watch cricket world cup semi-finals, which will be no less than finals….with my refreshing limeade, homemade popcorn, chips and ordering a pizza online..who want’s to join the fun……?????
- 1 cup fresh Lime juice (about 15 limes)
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 2 cups Water
How to make Limeade
How to make Syrup for Limeade
- In a sauce pan bring granulated sugar and water to boil on high heat by stirring until sugar is completely dissolved in water. Once the sugar is completely cooled, then turn off the flame and leave it to cool.
- Store in a clean and dry air container till use.
- Blend fresh mint leaves in a blender and whisk this puree in the above made chilled sugar syrup. Stain this syrup using a fine mesh sieve and discard solids.
- In a pitcher or jug, mix in lime juice and above made syrup. Add in chilled water/soda and stir gently. Serve chilled by adding ice cubes to glasses and pouring in the above made juice.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and thinly sliced lime pieces.
- Add love to make the limeade taste ‘YUMMY’.
- Flavour up the mint limeade by adding pinch of roasted cumin powder/chat masala/rock salt.
- You can even add few thin slices of ginger to sugar syrup for a tickling taste and make ginger-mint limeade.
What is the difference between Limeade and Lemonade?
- Juicy green limes are used to make limeade whereas juice from yellow lemons is used to make lemonade.
- You can use lemons in the above recipe and make lemonade.