Looking out for simple and quick summer recipes??? Then add this Savoury Oats Porridge to your meal menu today. The good thing about this porridge is you can eat it at any time of the day. You can serve this in breakfast or as a snack or you can choose to have this as a light meal in lunch or dinner. I love adding roasted peanuts to my oats porridge. You can skip it, or you can add roasted cashews or almonds. I sometimes lightly toss the oats before adding them to the porridge. Doing so brings out best earthy taste of oats and the porridge will taste delicious….Hope you enjoy making and relishing this goodness loaded nutritious savoury oats porridge….
Savoury Oats Porridge
- ½ cup Oats
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Green chili, chopped
- 6 Curry Leaves, washed
- 2 tbsp. roasted Peanuts
- ½ tbsp. Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Salt, as per taste
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and fry sliced onions along with green chilies until onions turn light brown.
- To this add water and when water comes to rolling boil, add salt and oats by stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and cook for 4-5 minutes by stirring in between. Now add fresh curry leaves and when the desired porridge consistency reaches, add roasted peanuts and turn off the flame.
- Serve hot. You can even serve this along with potato or any other stir fry.
- Add love to make this savoury oats porridge taste ‘Yummy’.
NOTE: This savoury oats porridge is for immediate consumption.
I make this savoury, filling and easy oats porridge very often during Ramadan too. As we are being tiny family and only being two people who fasts during Ramadan, my Ramadan Menu Plan is very simple. We take moderate meal during Seher with chapatis and curry, iftar time is always loaded with dates and fruits and dinner is always simple light meal. As Ramadan is around the corner, I thought of sharing with you my Ramadan Meal Plan.
Hope you find this menu plan easy to follow and do let me know, if you have got any queries. You can find all the recipes mentioned in the menu in my blog Recipe Index. InshaAllah more Menu Plans to follow in the coming posts.