Start your day with a delicious and nutritious breakfast by trying out this simple recipe for Date & Almond Overnight Oats. This hearty meal not only provides you with a wholesome combination of flavors but also offers numerous health benefits too. With every spoonful, you’ll discover the delightful contrast between the chewy dates and the crunch of sliced almonds.
About This Recipe
One of my new breakfast favorites is ‘overnight oats.’ This delicious and nutritious dish is made by soaking oats overnight and requires no cooking at all. It’s sometimes referred to as overnight oatmeal and has become a staple in my family’s breakfast routine. Apart from being a convenient and time-saving option, overnight oats can also be enjoyed as an ideal Suhoor meal during Ramadan.
The recipe I’m sharing today features a delightful combination of dates and almonds. By adding these ingredients, you not only enhance the flavor but also make the oats more filling. The natural sweetness of medjool dates and the crunch of almonds provide a wonderful contrast to the creamy texture of the oats. It’s a perfect balance of flavors and textures that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Date & Almond Overnight Oats
What’s great about this date & almond overnight oats recipe is that you can prepare it directly in the same bowl you serve in. This makes it even more convenient, as there’s no need for additional dishes or cleanup. Simply combine the oats, dates, almonds, and any other desired toppings or spices in the bowl. Pour in your choice of milk or yogurt. Give it a gentle stir, cover the bowl, and place it in the refrigerator overnight. The oats will absorb the liquid and soften, creating a wonderfully creamy and flavorful breakfast.
In the morning, when you’re ready to enjoy your breakfast, give the oats a good stir to incorporate all the flavors. You can customize your bowl by adding fresh fruits, a drizzle of honey, or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. The possibilities are endless, and you can get creative with different combinations to suit your taste preferences.
So, why not give this recipe a try and see how overnight oats can revolutionize your breakfast routine? It’s a simple and versatile dish that offers a delightful combination of flavors and health benefits. Enjoy the convenience, taste, and nourishment of this wonderful breakfast option!
Date & Almond Overnight Oats is not only convenient but also provide a great source of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Oats are known to help regulate cholesterol levels. Also provide a slow and sustained release of energy, making you feel fuller for longer.
The natural sweetness from the dates adds a delightful taste without relying on refined sugars. Furthermore, almonds are excellent sources of vitamin E and healthy fats that promote heart health.
Give this recipe a try and kickstart your mornings with a wholesome and delicious breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the day. Enjoy!
This recipe of Date & Almond Overnight Oats is by Faaiza of Modest Munchies, as a part of Ramadan Event – Joy From Fasting To Feasting,
- 1 cup Oats
- 1½ cup Milk (I prefer oat or almond, but any milk is fine)
- 4 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp. chopped Almonds
How To Make Date & Almond Overnight Oats
- In a jar or airtight container, combine oats, chopped dates and almonds.
- Add milk. Give this a good stir and leave it in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- If you want you can put this in the microwave for a few seconds just to take the chill out.
- Top your Date & Almond Overnight Oats with sliced almonds for added crunch and nuttiness.
- Enjoy your nourishing breakfast either straight from the jar or transfer it to a bowl.
- You can double or triple the recipe if you have a big family.
- Make it in a big dish and everyone can dish out as they please during Suhoor.
- It’s the perfect dish for Suhoor, healthy, wholesome and nourishing.
Tips To Make Best Overnight Oats Recipe
- Preparation: Use rolled oats for a hearty texture. Chop the dates into smaller pieces to disperse their sweetness evenly. Sliced almonds work wonderfully for added crunch.
- Liquid Ratio: Maintain a good balance between oats and liquid (almond milk or any preferred milk). A standard ratio is around 1:1 oats to liquid, but you can adjust based on desired consistency.
- Sweetness: Dates naturally sweeten the oats, so consider the sweetness level before adding additional sweeteners. If needed, drizzle a bit of honey or maple syrup for an extra touch.
- Layering: To ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed, layer the oats, chopped dates, and almonds in the jar before pouring in the almond milk. This helps avoid clumping and ensures a consistent blend.
- Refrigeration: Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours or preferably overnight. This allows the oats to absorb the liquid, softening them and enhancing the flavors.
- Customization: Feel free to add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for extra warmth and depth of flavor. You can also experiment with different nuts or seeds for variety.
- Toppings: Before serving, consider topping your overnight oats with fresh fruit slices, a dollop of yogurt, or an extra sprinkle of almonds for added texture and presentation.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 8gSugar: 42gProtein: 14g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.