I love warm breakfast any day. Though however easy it is to have cold breakfast…I prefer spending little time in the kitchen to make hot breakfast for me and family. I use oats in most of the recipes and you are aware of it….but having a complete breakfast with oats as star ingredient is still missing in my breakfast menu.
From the time I have started making this warm bowl of oatmeal, even the kid is loving it….I am trying out some new, warm and even some savoury recipes with oats. This warm and comforting bowl of oatmeal is what I call perfect breakfast as you get goodness of oats along with fruits and nuts with no fuss and mess….a complete breakfast in a bowl on any busy weekday or lazy weekend… 😉
Warm Oatmeal Bowl with Fruits and Nuts
- ¼ cup quick cooking Oats
- ¾ cup skimmed Milk
- 1-2 tbsp. Honey/Maple syrup
- 1 medium sized Banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 Strawberry, hulled and sliced
- ½ tbsp. dried Cranberries
- 2 tbsp. sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp. green Raisins
- 2-3 Dates, pitted and chopped
- Add milk to a saucepan and bring it boil. Once the milk starts to boil reduce the flame and remove the foam collected on top. Stir in oats. Let the oats get cooked for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add in honey. Stir and pour this into a serving bowl. Top it with fresh fruits and nuts. Serve warm.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
- I even skipped adding honey as the banana, strawberry and dates were giving enough sweetness to the recipe.
- You can even add a teaspoon of drinking chocolate to this to get that chocolaty flavour. I am sure kids will love it.
- You can add your choice of fruits and nuts to this recipe.
- You can even add coconut flakes, corn flakes or muesli for extra crunch.
Fa's Kitchen says
This looks fabulous Lubs.. Love all the shots and beautiful styling..
beena stephen says
Looks so delicious and healthy.Super clicks
Rafeeda AR says
I want I want… that goodness filled bowl…