The best time of the day is when the lil’M is back from school. Breaking the silence of the house, she chats nonstop till she completes telling me how her day went by. The chat continues till she sits down to relish snacks. Afterschool snacking is more important to me all because this is the first time lil’M is carrying her lunch and staying till 4 in the evening at school. I always make it a point to give her something hot in the evening snacks most of the times. This Oats and Dates Porridge is one recipe which I and lil’M love the most. This goodness loaded recipe is easy to make and can be experimented by adding fresh fruits too.
Oats and Dates Porridge
- 1 cup Oats, I used Kellogg’s Oats
- 1 cup skimmed Milk
- 8 Dates, pitted, chopped & soaked in milk for 15 minutes (I used Mejdol dates)
- 1 tbsp. Honey, optional
- ½ tbsp. Cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp. Almond flakes
- In skillet heat milk and when it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add oats. Let them cook for 2 minutes. Now add chopped dates. Leave this to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until dates are soft.
- Stir in honey and sprinkle cinnamon powder. Turn off the flame and serve by adding almond flakes.
- Add love to make this Oats and Dates Porridge taste ‘Yummy’.
This recipe is going to be part of Muslim Food Bloggers Challenge and where the theme is ‘Dates’. You can see yummy oats loaded recipe by clicking on the pictures in the linky tool.