Indulge your taste buds with the rich and velvety delight of Eggless Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse. The addition of orange juice and zest elevates the chocolatey goodness, adding a refreshing and zesty twist to each spoonful. This chocolate mousse recipe is completely eggless and need only 5-Ingredients.
About This Recipe
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply treating yourself to a decadent dessert, this Eggless Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse is PURE BLISS. Embark on a journey of taste and texture as you savor the creamy mousse with the perfect balance of bittersweet chocolate and vibrant orange flavor. This recipe is not only easy to make but also promises to leave a lasting impression on your palate. This chocolate mousse is a go-to option for chocolate enthusiasts and dessert lovers like me.
The zesty orange flavor complements the deep, velvety chocolate mousse, creating a sophisticated palate. The eggless nature of this dessert make it lighter and a bit healthier. Eggless Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse is perfect for finishing off a fancy dinner or just to enjoy on a quiet evening at home. It’s very tasty and sure to wow anyone with its mix of flavors and feel.
If you’re a fan of make-ahead desserts, then this mousse recipe is for you to indulgence without the last-minute fuss! Prepare a batch ahead of time, let it chill in the fridge, and voila – a luxurious treat ready to impress at your convenience. Perfect for hosting, celebrations, or simply satisfying your sweet cravings without the stress. Make your moments sweeter and stress-free with this delightful make-ahead mousse!
Cooking from Jehanne’s Mini Cook Books
As the evening sky turned colorful, my home was full of excitement. Delicious smells of food filled the air because it was almost Iftar time. It is the time during Ramadan when people end their day-long fast. We are busy hosting a small get-together with our nearest friends and family to enjoy Iftar together.
In the busy kitchen, my mom was in charge of cooking the main dish. She was using her cooking skills to make a meal full of different flavors that everyone would enjoy. At the same time, my aunt was preparing small appetizers, to start off the big meal we were going to have.
And there I was, thinking about what sweet dish to choose to end the meal. We often have the same desserts at our celebrations: kheer, carrot halwa, gulab jamuns or kesari. But that night, I wanted my dessert to be new, simple yet surprising and delightful for our Iftaar party.
Thanks to the mini cookbooks from Dr. Jehanne Ali, a gem amongst my friends and a pillar of inspiration. Her multifaceted life as a skilled cardiac doctor, linguist, and now a cookbook author is nothing short of remarkable. Her latest ventures, four elegant mini cookbooks — are a testament to her unending passion for heart-healthy and tempting recipes.
mini cookbook – ‘Heart-Healthy ‘Sweets & Desserts’
The mini cookbook titled ‘Heart-Healthy ‘Sweets & Desserts” is filled with simple yet indulgent recipes. The vivid presentation of the dishes appears very enticing, almost as if they are jumping out of the pages. With blend of health-consciousness and tempting flavors, these recipes are perfect for everyone.
Among all the delicious choices, the Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse stood out. It was perfect for our Iftar dinner—light and fresh. After a big spicy meal, mousse would be a lovely change. Chocolate orange Mousse is a fluffy dessert with a bright orange taste and rich dark chocolate. It seemed to me like the perfect, elegant way to finish the meal.
After not eating all day, it’s nice to have something that fills you up but doesn’t make you feel too full. Chocolate Orange Mousse without gelatin seemed perfect for making our friends feel content but not heavy. It was a sweet and comforting way to end the night, making it a moment to remember. Isn’t that what every host wants – a grand ending that makes guests look forward to coming back.
Chocolate Orange Mousse Ingredients
Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate, with a minimum of 70% cocoa, forms the decadent base of the mousse. Its intense and bittersweet flavor creates a rich and indulgent dessert. Ensure to melt it smoothly to achieve a velvety texture in the mousse.
Fresh Orange Juice: The addition of fresh orange juice introduces a vibrant and citrusy element to the mousse. It not only complements the richness of the chocolate but also adds a refreshing twist, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
Whipped Cream: Whipped cream contributes to the light and airy consistency of the mousse. When whipped to stiff peaks, it provides a delicate texture that contrasts beautifully with the dense chocolate. Its subtle sweetness enhances the overall taste of the dessert.
Orange Zest: The orange zest brings a burst of citrus aroma and flavor to the mousse. The tiny, grated orange peel adds a zingy essence, elevating the dessert’s profile and creating a delightful sensory experience.
Vanilla Essence: A touch of vanilla essence complements the chocolate and orange, enhancing the overall flavor profile. It adds a subtle sweetness and aromatic depth, contributing to the complexity of the mousse.
Orange Slices (for garnish): Peeled orange slices serve as a visually appealing garnish, adding a fresh and vibrant touch to the presentation. They not only enhance the aesthetic appeal but also provide a hint of additional citrus flavor when enjoyed with each spoonful of the mousse.
Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse
Everyone loves this delicious mousse recipe. It makes both kids and adults happy, as you can tell by their big smiles and clean spoons. The mix of zesty orange flavor and the deep taste of dark chocolate is perfect. It’s a combination that wakes up your taste buds while still being very comforting.
This mousse is more than just a sweet treat for many people, including myself. It’s a special experience that delights your taste buds. The mix of orange flavor and rich chocolate is not only delicious, but it also makes you feel really good. Jehanne mentions that chocolate and orange are full of good stuff that helps keep your heart healthy.
End your meal with a delicious mousse that’s easy to make and tastes great. It’s a fancy but uncomplicated dessert that fits in at big dinners, family meetings, or whenever you want something sweet and special.
- 220 g Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup fresh Orange juice
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- ½ tbsp. Orange zest
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 3-4 Orange slices, peeled, garnish
How To Make Easy Chocolate Orange Mousse
- Prepare the Dark Chocolate: Begin by melting the dark chocolate. You can do this by placing the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melting it in the microwave in short 20-second bursts, stirring in between each burst. Alternatively, you can use a double boiler on the stove.
- Mix in Orange Juice: Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, slowly pour in the fresh orange juice while continuously stirring. Make sure the mixture is well combined and has a smooth consistency.
- Add Orange Zest and Vanilla Essence: Gently fold in the orange zest and vanilla essence into the chocolate and orange juice mixture. This adds a burst of citrus flavor and enhances the overall taste of the mousse.
- Whip the Cream: In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. This will give the mousse a light and airy texture. Be careful not to overwhip; stop when the cream holds its shape.
- Combine Chocolate Mixture and Whipped Cream: Gradually fold the whipped cream into the chocolate-orange mixture. Use a gentle folding motion to maintain the fluffiness of the whipped cream. Continue folding until the mousse is well combined and has a uniform texture.
- Chill the Mousse: Transfer the mousse into individual serving glasses or bowls. Place them in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. This allows the mousse to set and develop its rich flavor.
- Garnish and Serve: Before serving, garnish each portion with a peeled orange slice for a decorative touch. This adds a fresh and citrusy element to the indulgent mousse.
- Enjoy: Dive into the delightful experience of your homemade Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse. The combination of rich chocolate and zesty orange is sure to be a hit at your Iftaar gathering!
- You can use non-dairy whipped cream, try ‘Tropolite’ brand which is easily available in many supermarkets along with vegan dark chocolate.
- I used Morde Dark Compound in making this mousse. You can try any dark chocolate with has got more than 56% cocoa in it.
- For whipped cream I used BlueBird Instant whipped cream powder. You can know more about BlueBird Instant Whipped Cream in my Fruit & Cream Trifle post.
- In the original recipe, Jehanne used orange extract and I replaced it with vanilla essence, as I can’t find orange extract at my place.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.