Are you watching IPL this season? I am expecting a bunch of friends to enjoy today’s IPL match. Watching IPL with friends doubles the excitement of the match. Sometimes friends stay over for dinner or sometimes it is like just snack party. It is already hot outside and IPL matches add more heat to it……to cut this out…I thought I will go with some chilled dessert to soothe the cheering palates…..
Ice cream was first to hit my mind….then I dropped the plan and thought of mousse….During this season I always make Mango Mousse with the season’s first produce….and my dear friends love it to full too….But this year….I am yet to buy mangoes, I don’t know why I can’t see good mangoes in stores till now…..But I had relished seasons first produce at my SIL’s place, where she had made sweet and yum juice with the fresh mangoes from her backyard.
As markets are still flooding with strawberries, I thought I will make strawberry mousse. There is one more reason to choose strawberry mousse and that is….the only berry which Lil’M loved eating is strawberry and that’s more than enough for me to try out strawberry mousse. But whipping cream is another problem. As I ran out of whipping cream, I thought of giving the recipe a try with Amul fresh cream.
As this is the first time, I was using Amul fresh cream in making a mousse, I was little skeptical…. But when you plan to do it…..do it is my motto….so I made all the necessary arrangements in making the mousse. I don’t know why…but my heart holds a special place for mousse….may be because it is creamy or may be because it has got the goodness of the fruit or may be because it is light and airy…..or may be because it is simple in making…. 🙂
Within no time I made strawberry flavored jelly and left it in the fridge to set and then I made strawberry mousse and poured it onto the jelly when it was completely set. Waiting for the mousse to set is the only things which kills…..but it is always good to wait to devour on something yum like this…..By the time my strawberry mousse was completely set, it was 5 in the evening and the light was gone…..
So the food photographer in me took all the pain and carried the glasses to the terrace along with that wooden plank….and took pictures….and later replaced the glasses in the fridge to chill. Now waiting for my friends to come down to enjoy today’s IPL match and relish on this strawberry mousse. I know the mousse has come perfectly right…as my Lil’M and my Lil’sis has already certified it ‘YUM’. So what are you relishing on watching IPL matches……..?
In the meantime, check out the recipe and don’t forget to read the note at the end of the post. I bet this is one of the revolutionary strawberry mousse which is eggless, creamy, airy, light, blushing with color and soothes your palate…..along with made with Amul fresh cream, which is easily available in any grocery store these days…..Best summer dessert according to me…..Great for those night dinners, where you end up eating huge and can’t tuck desserts…..this strawberry mousse is so light that you can have a pot after having heavy dinner too….
- 15 Strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 250 ml Amul fresh cream
- 3-4 tbsp. Icing sugar
- 5 gms. Agar-Agar (China Grass)
- Pink food color, optional
- Puree strawberries with icing sugar and set aside.
- Prepare agar-agar mixture as per the directions mentioned on the packet and add ¼ strawberry puree to this and add pin good color.
- Mix well and pour this mixture into the desired glasses and tap to set the jelly mixture evenly. Cover with cling
and leave it in the refrigerator to set. It may take ½ -1 hour to set.
- Now whip Amul fresh cream until it holds soft peaks (check notes). To this add remaining strawberry puree. Mix well. Check for sugar, if required add more icing sugar.
- Now pour this mixture onto the jelly set glasses and tap gently. Cover with cling and leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving decorate with remaining jelly or fresh strawberries.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
- To whip Amul fresh cream, leave the packet of Amul fresh cream in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Whip the cream using ice bath method.
- Take two bowls where one bowl is wide enough to fit the base of another one.
- Leave these bowls in fridge along with beater blades or whisker for 2-3 hours
- Get your ice cubes or chilled water ready.
- Take your bowls from the fridge, when you are ready to whip up the cream. In a big bowl, place ice cubes or chilled water and place another bowl and pour cream in this.
- Beat cream till it starts to thicken and soft peaks start to form.
- Your whip cream is ready for making mousse.
- You can omit that jelly part and make it plain.
- You can even use store bought or packet whipping cream to make this mousse.