Iftar during Ramadan:
What is Trifle?
Tips to make Perfect Fresh Fruit and Cream Trifle
- As this is quick and easy to make dessert recipe, do try to make it a hour before serving to retain freshness in fruits.
- You can make biscuit layer a day ahead. Set it in desired glasses or bowls and refrigerate.
- Overnight refrigerating a bowl and whisker in the fridge to make whipped cream will ease the work next day.
- Make sure you cut the fruits just before adding them to the trifle. Doing so will retain the freshness and color of the fruits.
Must-Try Eggless Dessert Recipes
Main Ingredients need to make Fresh Fruit and Cream Trifle are,
Variations in making Trifle:
- If you can’t find whipping cream or powder whipped cream then you can alter the layers with plain vanilla custard. Just remember to keep the consistency thick. Chill before use.
- You can even use plain vanilla sponge cake as a base instead of biscuit base.
- You can even use give little citrusy taste to the whipped cream by adding 1 tbsp. of fresh lime juice or 1 tbsp. of Orange juice.
- Try using corn flakes or muesli in between the layers or as garnish.
Eggless Fresh Fruit and Cream Trifle
This no cook, no fuss eggless fruit and cream trifle is a perfect summer and iftar party dessert. Chilled and layered trifle will a kids favorite dessert too. Do give this a try!
FOR BISCUIT BASE:
- 6 Digestive Biscuits
- 3 tbsp. melted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Honey, optional
FOR CREAM LAYER:
- 2 cups Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
FOR FRUITS LAYER:
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Pear
- 2 Apples
- 2 Bananas
- 2-3 tbsp. semi-sweet Chocolate chips
- Oreo biscuits | colored wafer
How to make Eggless Fresh Fruit and Cream Trifle
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE:
Crush the biscuits and pulse for 2-3 seconds in a jar.
Add melted butter and honey, pulse again for 2-3 seconds.
Remove and divide the mixture into individual desired serving bowls.
Using pestle or back of a spoon or bottom of the glass press the mixture to pack tightly and layer evenly.
Leave the serving bowls in the fridge for ½ hours or until set.
FOR FRUITS LAYER:
Add water to a bowl with two pinches of salt.
Core and peel pear and apples. Thinly slice them and add to salt water. Set aside.
FOR CREAM LAYER:
Just before assembling the trifle whip the cream.
Add vanilla essence to the whipping cream and whip for 2-3 seconds.
How to assemble Fruit and Cream Trifle:
Just before serving,
Peel and thinly slice the bananas. Add them to a bowl.
Remove the fruit slices from water and spread them on kitchen tissue or pat the pieces dry using a kitchen tissue.
Now take out the refrigerated serving bowls lined with biscuit mixture.
Top it with whipping cream and then with mixed fruits. Top it with whipping cream. Repeat if using big glass.
Sprinkle chocolate chips and top it with Oreo biscuits or colored wafers.
Add love to make this eggless fresh fruit and cream trifle taste more 'Yummy'.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions:
You can serve this fresh fruit and cream trifle in individual glasses (like I did) or you can serve it in individual bowls.
Alternatively you can layer this up in big wide bowl and slice it up into equal squares or rectangles or any shape you desire.
I used dark chocolate chips and Oreo biscuit on top as garnish. You can use dry fruits, muesli, cherries or chopped fresh fruits on top for garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1031Total Fat: 71gSaturated Fat: 42gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 328mgCarbohydrates: 97gFiber: 9gSugar: 62gProtein: 9g
prathibha Garre says
Thats superb looking trifle lubna..I would love 2 grab one from d screen..nice clicks,u hv captured the layers beautifully
That's a gorgeous triffle n great clicks
its an awesome looking dessert …no one can say no to it …perfect way to celebrate any occasion …yum
wow, it luks so yummy!!!
Shama Nagarajan says
awesome !!! drooling!!!
kitchen queen says
yummilicious and droolworthy with lovely clicks.
Deepali Jain says
Vandana Rajesh says
Lubna every time I come here , go back so hungry and craving for more:)…this dessert looks awesome want to take a bite now itself…your pics r so good…yummy.
Kalpana Sareesh says
sooperr inviting too good
Rafeeda AR says
absolutely awesome dessert… definitely to cool after the long day of fasting… 🙂
yummy looking dessert and wonderful pics too…
Shashi Charles says
Love that you used digestive biscuits! Your triffle looks so great!
Glad to have stumbled on your blog!
Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory) says
Beautiful layered dessert! Who is not going to love this?
wow, i am impressed with the whipped cream, holding its statusque peaks! Delicious esp for iftar:-)
Sowmya Sundararajan says
Great looking Dessert