Your search for best dark chocolate fudge recipe ends here. Making a rich dark chocolate fudge is heartily satisfying and indulging. Silky dark chocolate, creamy condensed milk and smooth butter are all you need to make this chocolate fudge.
What does chocolate fudge mean?
Chocolate fudge is either made with chocolate bar or cocoa powder. Condensed milk or milkmaid or sugar is used to bring sweetness in fudge. Melted chocolate is combined with condensed milk and set to thicken. Upon cooling, fudge is cut into desired shapes and served or relished.
Which Chocolate is good for making fudge?
- Amul Dark Compound
- Morde Dark Compound
- Winola Belgian Compound Slab
- Regal Couverture Dark Chocolate
- Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge
As chocolate is the star ingredient in making fudge, use good quality chocolate. Here are few of my choices for making chocolate fudge,
Chocolate Fudge With Condensed Milk
Making chocolate fudge with condensed milk is super easy and very simple recipe. The ration of these two ingredients totally depends on your taste. If you like bitter taste in fudge, then use bitter-sweet dark chocolate. Sweetness in fudge can be increased or decreased by playing around with condensed milk.
How to store dark chocolate fudge?
As soon as the fudge reaches the room temperature, cut it into desired shape. Transfer this into freezer safe, clean and dry air tight glass or Tupperware jar.
You can wrap individual piece of fudge in a cling and store them in a ziplock back too.
How long does fudge made with condensed milk last?
If stored properly in refrigerator, the chocolate fudge made with condensed milk will stay good for 10-15 days.
You can even freeze them by placing in a zip lock back.
Milkmaid Vs. Condensed Milk
If condensed milk is not available, you can use milkmaid or Nestle Mithai Mate. Milkmade and Mithai Mate are less thick than condensed milk. Hence, adjust the quantity accordingly.
Easy Chocolate Desserts with Few Ingredients
Best Dark Chocolate Fudge with Condensed Milk
Making dark chocolate fudge is satisfying and relishing it is soothing. Shiny color, creamy texture and heavenly taste uplifts your senses and mood. Eating a piece of rich dark chocolate fudge is a therapy. When you bite into a piece of silky, luscious fudge, it starts to melt slowly by coating your taste buds. From there it slides down the throat by bringing in taste, flavour and warmth that makes you feel good.
How do you melt down dark chocolate?
DOUBLE BOILER | STOVE TOP METHOD: Take two bowls, one large enough to fit the second one on top. Grate the chocolate and place it in small bowl. In the large bowl, add water and fix in the small bowl with chocolate.
On a low heat using a spatula give a gentle stir till the chocolate gets completely melted. Always remember the water in the lower bowl should not touch the upper bowl (the bowl with chocolate).
MICROWAVE METHOD: It’s easy and simple. Just add grated or roughly chopped chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Melt it on high for 1- ½ minute, by stirring for every 30 seconds.
OVEN METHOD: Add grated or chopped chocolate in an oven safe bowl. Place the bowl in pre-heat oven. Turn off the oven. Wait till chocolate melts.
Variations for fudge
Run your imagination wild and you can come up with make n varieties of fudge. Chocolate fudge will be a great choice for homemade edible gifts. Here are few to tempt you,
SPICY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Bring in the surprise element by adding a pinch or more of mild flavour red chilli powder or paprika.
MINTY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Crush peppermint bar and add it to the chocolate mixture. Adding fresh mint leaves will bring minty aroma and taste in mint chocolate fudge.
DRY CANDID FRUITS FUDGE: Try adding dried candied fruits like ginger, apricots, cranberries, etc. as your fudge topping. It enhances the flavour and makes the fudge look colourful.
SPECIAL NUT FUDGE: You can simply add any of your favourite nut as topping. pistachio chocolate fudge or almond chocolate fudge, chocolate walnut fudge, etc.
NUTTY OATS FUDGE: Toss oats and add them along with nuts to the topping of chocolate layer.
MUESLI CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Sprinkle your choice of muesli on fudge to make it crunchier.
PEANUT BUTTER NUTTY FUDGE: Skip off white chocolate and add 2 tbsp. of peanut butter. Rest is same.
How do you make chocolate with cocoa powder?
Making chocolate with cocoa powder is simple and easy. Let me share a quick recipe, which I found on Cadbury’s cocoa powder jar.
What ingredients are used in homemade chocolate?
- 400 gm. Nestle Condense Milk
- ¾ cup unsweetened Cocoa powder, I used Cadbury’s brand
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Vanilla essence
Homemade Chocolate with Cocoa Powder Recipe
- Sieve unsweetened cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a thick bottom vessel, add condense milk, butter, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now add cocoa powder and give the mixture good stir.
- Stir till all the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Place the vessel on low heat and stir until the mixture starts to leave the sides.
- Pour into baking tray lined with butter paper and sprinkle on desired dry nuts.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into desired shapes.
- 150 g Dark Chocolate, grated
- 300 g Condense Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp. Butter, optional
- ½ cup Chopped nuts (Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts & Pistachios)
How to make Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Toss chopped nuts in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes on 1800 C. Remove and leave them to cool.
- Alternatively, you can toss chopped nuts on stove top. Add chopped nuts to a pan and toss on medium flame for 5-6 minutes. Remove on a plate and spread to cool.
- Using double boiler method or in a microwave safe bowl melt dark chocolate, butter and condense milk.
- Stir the mixture’s occasionally until the chocolate has completely melted. Now add vanilla essence and give the mixture a gentle stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper or foil.
- Pour in the contents into the tray and using a spatula spread evenly about 1’ inch thick.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts evenly and tap the pan to settle the nuts into chocolate layer or gently press with your fingers to settle the nuts on top.
- Leave the tray in the fridge for 1-1½ hour or until the chocolate fudge turns firm.
- Using a sharp knife cut into pieces or desired shapes or just break down to small slabs.
- I used heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the fudge pieces.
- Add your ‘love’ to make dark chocolate fudge taste ‘YUMMY’.
Varieties of Toppings for Fudge
- NUTTY NUTELLA FUDGE: Instead of white chocolate add a cup of Nutella (at room temperature) along with nuts. Rest is same.
- MARSHMALLOW CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Add marshmallow at the end of the recipe before pouring the content into the baking tray. Mix well and sprinkle with nuts of your choice.
- TOUCH OF ROSE CHOCOLATE FUDGE: You can even sprinkle some dried rose petals to make the fudge look extremely appealing.
- INDIAN TADKA CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Roast some sesame, peanuts and pumpkin seeds and sprinkle them on top.
- CARAMEL CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Drizzle off some caramel sauce along with sea salt on the topping for that extra touch of flavour.
- COCONUT CHOCOLATE FUDGE: Add one cup of freshly grated coconut to the fudge to give extra flavour.
- COCOA FUDGE: Finally, for all those who may be wondering what to do if you don’t get chocolate bars or compounds. I have recipe for you too. I found this recipe on Nestle Condense milk can. Check for the post for detailed recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
I used heart shaped cookie cutter to cut the fudge. Dark chocolate fudge will be best homemade edible gift to your loved one. This valentines day, celebrate love with chocolate fudge.