Cashew Chicken Vermicelli is a spicy and yummy One Pot Meal which can be made under 30 minutes. This delicious recipe is amazingly easy to make. I often make this vermicelli recipe in lunch or dinner. This is our favorite iftar dinner too.
How to roast vermicelli?
I have used MTR Roasted Vermicelli in making this recipe. But, if you are using unroasted vermicelli, then first add tbsp. of oil to a pan and fry vermicelli. Fry on low flame by continuously stirring until vermicelli turns light golden brown. Turn off the flame and remove it on to a plate and set aside till use.
How to make Chicken Fry
I have used leftover chicken fry in this vermicelli recipe. If using fresh chicken, try using boneless chicken cubes. Wash chicken cubes thoroughly and marinate with red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. In a pan heat oil and fry the chicken pieces till they are soft and succulent. Remove and set aside till use.
Nut Free Chicken Vermicelli Recipe
If you want this vermicelli recipe to be nut free, then you can skip them in the recipe. Instead, you can add cubed carrots, French beans and green peas.
Yummy Vermicelli Recipes To Try
Find step-by-step pictures of making of this recipe on my Instagram bio page under highlights.
Cashew Chicken Vermicelli Recipe
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- ½ cup Chicken Fry
- 10 Cashews
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp. Garam Masala
- ¾ tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
How to make Cashew Chicken Vermicelli
- In a pan add oil and fry sliced onions until translucent. To this add green chillies and add fry for a minute.
- Now add ginger-garlic paste and fry till raw smell wafts. To this add cashews and fry.
- When cashews start to change color, add fried chicken pieces and sauté for a minute.
- To this add water and bring it to boil by adding red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala.
- When the water starts to boil, reduce the flame and add vermicelli. Stir and cover it with a lid.
- Let this cook for 8-10 minutes. By this time water will be completely absorbed and vermicelli will be nicely cooked.
- Sprinkle minced coriander leaves and lemon juice. Turn off the flame and serve hot with pickle.
- Add love to make this Cashew Chicken Vermicelli taste ‘Yummy’.