Let’s move on to post now…That which starts on sweet note always ends on sweet….Today I am going to share with you my family’s very favorite Sago Vermicelli ki Kheer | Sabudana Semiyah ki Kheer | Javvarisi Semiya Payasam. Grainy vermicelli and soft melt in mouth sago cooked in richness of milk and then topped with ghee fried cashew nuts give your palate a royal indulgence. So let’s dig in…..
Sago Vermicelli Kheer Recipe
- ½ lit. Milk
- ½ cup Vermicelli
- ¼ cup Sago
- ½ tbsp. Cardamom powder
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp. Ghee
- 10-12 Cashew nuts
How to make Sago vermicelli Kheer
- Thoroughly wash, drain and soak sago in enough water for at least 2 hours.
- In a thick bottom sauce pan, add ghee and deep fry cashew nuts on low flame until nice golden. Remove on to kitchen tissue and set aside.
- In the same sauce pan, on low flame add vermicelli and roast fry until nice golden by turning up and down to get roasted evenly.
- When the vermicelli is completely roasted, add 2 cups of water and cook vermicelli till half done.
- Now add soaked sago and continue to cook till vermicelli and sago are completely cooked. Drain excess water, if any remaining and set aside.
- Bring milk to boil and lower the flame. Slowly stir in above boiled vermicelli and sago.
- Stir and let this cook for 10 minutes or until the consistency is reduced to half.
- Add sugar along with cardamom powder. Stir to combine well and leave this to cook on low flame until thick or till you get consistency of your choice by gently stirring to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Serve warm or chilled by garnishing with fried cashew nuts.
- Add love to make this kheer taste ‘Yummy’.