Prawns are much liked among seafoods. Prawns are very healthy choice of food as they are extremely good source of protein, and very low in fat as well as calories. They also contain high level of vitamin that are essential for healthy skin, bones and teeth. Winter season calls us to get indulge in hot and spicy food. The presence of garam masala and spices in this recipe are perfect enough to gratify your tastebuds during winters. (Don’t forget to read the note at bottom of the recipe.)
Spicy Prawns Fry
- 1/2 kg Prawns, deshell, devein and wash *
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbps Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2-3 fresh Cilantro or coriander leaves
- Add onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies to prawns and leave it for an hour in deep freezer to marinate.
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai add the marinated prawns and cook by covering with a lid.
- Cook till all the water gets absorbed by the prawns. Now it’s time to add oil for frying the prawns.
- Fry till the prawns are soft, tender, juicy and completly cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and lemon wedges before serving.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
* NOTE : Scrub the prawns with sea salt to get cleaned easily and also to avoid smell. If are using sea salt or common salt in scrubbing then adjust the quantity of salt in the recipe. Buy medium raw prawns that are shiny and firm, smaller prawns taste sweeter with a finer texture than king prawns.