Sesame Prawns Dry is easy, spicy and delicious party appetizer. Prawns Dry is simple recipe, easy ingredients and full of flavour. Fresh water prawns are bit rare to get in Chennai. These days I am ordering fresh water sea produce online and when I saw fresh water prawns available in an online store, I instantly ordered them. Prawns are always my favorite and hailing from a place where prawns are available in plenty round the year, I easily get attracted when I see fresh water prawns.
Most of the people who visit my blog, ask me for a party appetizer, which is kid friendly too. So I thought I will share three of my very favourite and easy to make party appetizers with you all. The first one in the list is Sesame Prawns Dry. Sesame prawns dry is super easy to make with very simple and readily available ingredients in almost anyone’s pantry.
Cooking time of prawns varies depending on their size. I used small prawns/shrimps which took not more than 12 minutes to cook completely. If you are using big or king prawns then the time of cooking may vary. Sesame Prawns dry make a delicious starter or appetizer and I am sure you will win hearts with this party appetizer. Try it soon…
Sesame Prawns Dry Recipe
- ½ kg. Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup green Capsicum, diced
- 1 dry Red chili, cut into half
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar/lemon juice
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp. Garam Masala
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Sesame seeds
How To Make Sesame Prawns
- Marinate prawns with salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and ginger-garlic paste for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss sesame seeds until they start to change color. Remove and set aside.
- Add oil to a skillet/kadai and fry dry red chili until it starts to change color. Now add sliced onions when the onions start to turn translucent add diced green capsicum and fry till capsicum turns soft.
- Add marinated prawns and stir well. Let this cook covered on medium flame for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Sauté on high for a minute by adding vinegar and garam masala. Turn off the flame and stir in sesame seeds. Serve hot with sauce or ketchup.
- Add love to make this Sesame Prawns Dry taste ‘Yummy’.
- I gently scrub the prawns twice with sea salt after peeling and deveining them. Doing so will remove the smell which generally comes from sea food.
- You can even add soy sauce to this before adding vinegar and skip garam masala, if you like it less spicy.
- The ½ kg prawns I mentioned under ingredients is the weight after cleaning, peeling and deveining.