Lassi…..most loved Indian drink. Being a south Indian, our meal mostly comprise of lassi during summers. When the mercury levels are soaring high, a chilled glass of lassi is all we need to quench the thirst and boost the energy. I always love to try out new flavours in lassi. Our today’s post Pista Mango Lassi is the outcome of one such experiment.
I don’t know why, but I am very much fascinated to the vibrant color and soulful taste of pistachios. When added to a recipe, they impart awesome texture and lift up the spirit of the recipe. As mangoes are full in season, I thought of giving a pistachio twist to my mango lassi and moreover making my lil’M eat dry fruits is a herculean task. So grinding and adding to a drink or cake is an easy way to supply the required nutrients to my lil darling. Chilled Pista Mango Lassi is creamy, nutty and mangolicious summer drink.
Pista Mango Lassi
- 2 cups of Mango Pieces
- 2½ cups of plain Yogurt, I used homemade low fat curd
- 2 tbsp. Sugar, adjust accordingly
- 1½ cups of chilled water
- 15 Pistachios soaked and grind to paste
- ½ tbsp. Pistachio, roughly chopped for garnish
How to make Pista Mango Lassi
- Puree the mango pieces by adding sugar. Now add yogurt and ground pistachio. Blend till smooth.
- Take this into a jar and stir in water. Whizz again and serve chilled by garnishing with roughly chopped pistachios.
- Add love to make this Pista Mango Lassi taste ‘Yummy’.
You can’t miss this mango season, without trying out these 25 scintillating delicious mango recipes. From drinks to powders….pickles to murabba….granita to falooda….curries to dal…you find 25+ exotic, must try and most loved Mango Recipes on Yummy Food at Mango Recipes.