Summertime classic Iced Green Tea Lemonade is refreshingly delicious drink. Made with minimal ingredients and homemade lemonade, this recipe is a saviour. A chilled glass of green tea lemonade relaxes your senses and rejuvenating your body on any day.
About The Recipe
Homemade Iced Green Tea Lemonade is simple and easy recipe. The good thing about this drink is, you can make this in advance and leave in fridge to chill. Green tea lemonade is a good thirst quencher and best for Iftar during Ramadan.
I used homemade lemonade to make this drink. I have shared the recipe for homemade lemonade in recipe card below.
The combination of green tea and lemonade is refreshing and rejuvenating. This green tea drink helps in detox, keeps the bad breath away and is a metabolic booster.
Green Tea With Mint And Lemon Benefits
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in reducing bad breath
- Increases energy levels
- Promotes weight loss
Iced Green Tea Lemonade Ingredients
Green Tea: I used Lipton green tea bags. You can use tea leaves or powder too. Make sure the green tea is plain not a flavoured one.
Lemonade: I used homemade lemonade. You can use store bought one too. But homemade lemonade is easy to make and can be used in making other drinks too. You can even freeze the lemonade by pouring it into the ice cubes. Once set, transfer the cubes into a ziplock bag and freeze them. This way, you can use store lemonade for 2-3 months.
Honey: I used sugar in making lemonade, so adding honey is purely optional. You can use any sweetener of your choice. I added honey to my green tea lemonade. I did so because, adding ice cubes will dilute the drink. Adding honey will adjusts the sweetness in the drink.
Mint Leaves: Brings refreshing flavour in the drink. If you are making this drink in advance, then skip adding mint leaves. Mint leaves, left long in the drink may impart bitter taste to the drink. Adding mint leaves, just before serving is recommended. Ice Cubes: Fill in the serving glass with ice cubes and pour in the green tea lemonade. Use ice cubes as per your choice.
Chilled Summer Drinks
Iced Green Team Lemonade is,
Easy to make
Best summer drink
Perfect thirst quencher
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Green Tea Lemonade Good For You?
Green Tea is loaded with antioxidants and lemonade with vitamin-C. Honey prevents metabolic stress and mint helps in fighting the bad breath. So, this is a goodness loaded drink. Make it, sip it.
How do you make green tea lemonade for weight loss?
Skip adding sugar in the lemonade and use honey or any low-cal sweetener.
For Green Tea Concentrate
- 2 Green bags
- 300 ml Water
For Homemade Lemonade
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- ½ cup Sugar
For Iced Green Tea Lemonade
- 1 cup Green tea concentrate
- 1 cup Homemade Lemonade
- 3 cups Chilled water
- 10 Ice Cubes
- 5-6 Mint leaves, garnish
Making Green Tea Concentrate
- Add water to a pot and bring it to boil.
- When the water is on rolling boil, add tea bags and turn off the flame.
- Cover with a lid and leave the tea bags in hot water to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and leave this green tea concentrate to come down to room temperature.
Making Homemade Lemonade
- Combine sugar and water. Bring this mixture to boil.
- Stir continuously till sugar gets completely dissolved in water.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Stir in lemon juice and leave this to come down to room temperature.
Making Iced Green Tea Lemonade:
- In a pitcher, add homemade lemonade and green tea concentrate.
- To this add chilled water and honey (if using). Stir and add ice cubes.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve chilled.
- Add love to make this iced green tea with homemade lemonade taste ‘Yummy’.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions:
Iced green tea lemonade with mint can be sipped and served any time of the day.
You can serve this in breakfast or as mid-morning snack or in evening along with snacks
Chilled glass of green tea lemonade is the best drink for iftar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 1g