Are you are looking for easy dessert recipe with few ingredients? Then, try my mango nutella turnovers. These are so easy to make and calls for just 3 ingredients. Puff pastry mango nutella turnovers are light, flaky and amazingly delicious. The no-cook filling of mango and nutella make this recipe even more simple and easy to make.
Love Mangoes? Then here are 30+ Delicious Mango Recipes To Try.
About This Recipe
Recently, readymade puff pastry sheets are my newfound love. After making Bakery Style Masala Egg Puffs, I was left with few pastry sheets. Wondering, what to make using them, I came up with the idea of this recipe of mango nutella turnovers.
The combination of Mango and Nutella is surprisingly delicious. As mangoes are in season, I thought of making these turnovers. The good thing about this recipe is, you serve these as snack or as after meal treat or you can relish these in the breakfast.
Ingredients In Making Mango Nutella Turnovers
Puff Pastry Sheets – These are easily available in any online grocery stores or check in freezer section of grocery store. I used unroll brand. Each 550g packet comes with 10 puff pastry sheet squares. Thaw according to the packet directions. Always store the puff pastry sheet in freezer section of fridge.
Mango – You can use any variety of ripe sweet mango. I prefer using Imam pasand or Himayat mangoes. These are naturally sweet and have firm texture, which make these the best option for making desserts.
Peel the mango and slice each side just past the seed. Cut the slices into cubes. Keep the cube size small to avoid breaking of pastry sheet.
Nutella – This chocolate and hazel nut spread is easily available in any grocery store. Nutella compliments the taste of mango and gives the taste buds a luxuriously smooth feel.
Why We Love Making Mango Turnovers With Puff Pastry
- So easy to assemble and takes just a few simple steps!
- Make-ahead and freezer-friendly.
- The no-cook mango nutella filling is highlight of these turnovers.
- Made with store-bought puff pastry for ease and convenience.
- This is refined sugar free dessert recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Turnovers?
Turnover is a pastry with sweet or savory filling. These are exactly like our chicken, veg or egg puff pastries available in bakeries.
For sweet filling of turnovers mostly comprise of fruits, sweet cheese, custard, etc. The savory ones call for meat mince or vegetables.
How To Serve Turnovers?
As these are made with pastry sheets, it is better to serve turnovers warm. You can even serve these cold with ice cream, whipped cream or custard.
Alternatively, you can glaze the turnovers, which make these taste yummier.
How To Store Turnovers?
We can easily store turnovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in an oven at 180C for 5-8 minutes or until they turn crispy and warm.
You can even reheat them in microwave. Place the turnovers in a microwave safe bowl or plate and microwave on medium for 4-5 minutes.
How To Keep Mango Turnover Filling From Leaking?
No matter how good we crimp the edges, there will always be a little leak of filling out of the edge. Believe me it is completely normal. Here are few tips that help,
- Brushing thoroughly with egg wash will help in keeping the dry pastry sheet together.
- Where the two sides come together, crimp tightly.
- Refrigerate the turnovers for 10-15 minutes before baking.
- 1 cup Mango pieces
- 3 tbsp. Nutella
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- 1 Egg
- 6 readymade Puff pastry sheets
How To Make Mango Nutella Turnovers
Thaw The Puff Pastry
- Before we start to make turnovers, thaw the puff pastry.
- For quickly thawing the puff pastry sheets, remove them from the fridge and keep them on the kitchen counter.
- Keep an eye on it. If the puff pastry gets dry, the puffs will not hold shape.
- Leave puff pastry on kitchen counter for not more than 20 minutes.
- Keep mango pieces and nutella ready. If mango pieces are in fridge, remove them from fridge.
- Leave them on kitchen counter to come down to room temperature.
Prepare Egg Wash
- In a bowl, crack open an egg and add one tbsp. of milk to it. Beat well.
Assembling The Mango Nutella Turnovers
- Line the baking tray with parchment or butter paper.
- If parchment or butter paper is not available, then grease the baking tray with a tablespoon of oil.
- Depending on the size of the baking tray, line the puff pastry sheets. Remember to leave 2-3 inch space between the puffs.
- On each of the pastry sheet, add spoonful of mango pieces in the center.
- On top of the mango pieces, drizzle spoonful of nutella.
- Apply water on the edges and fold the pastry sheet, so it forms a triangle.
- You can also fold it into half or any shape of your choice.
- Using a pastry brush, gently brush egg wash on top of the puffs.
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C.
- Place the turnovers in the oven and bake them for 15-20 minutes or till the top starts to turn golden.
- Carefully remove and line them on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- You can even serve these turnovers with ice cream or whipped cream or custard.
- Add love to make these 'Mango Nutella Turnovers taste 'Yummy'.
Variations In Making Mango Turnovers
This is highly customisable recipe. You can easily play with the ingredients available at home. Here are few, which I love to add to my mango nutella turnovers.
Add cinnamon powder or cinnamon sugar to the filling.
You can even even use banana or pineapple pieces instead of mango.
After baking, gently dust the turnovers with cinnamon powder for extra taste and sweet crunch.
Alternatively, you sprinkle some vanilla sugar on top after baking. This will give unique taste to the turnovers.
Apart from nutella, you can use Hazelnut spread or any chocolate spread or even a piece of dark chocolate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.