It thought of using whole wheat flour, but somehow settled down to make a simple cake with semolina (rava). Mango Rava Cake was something which was there in my mind from long but never gave it a try….so this time…I thought of experimenting with semolina (upma rava | bombay rava) and to my wonder…the whole process of roasting, mixing, whisking and microwaving took only 15 minutes….and an aromatic semolina cake was ready to treat my cake craving…Do give this a try…I am sure you gonna make it again and again….
Mango Semolina Cake | Mango Rava Cake
- ½ cup fine Semolina
- 2 tbsp. Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp. + ¼ tbsp EVOO
- ¼ tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1½ tbsp. Mango Juice, I used Tropicana
- ¼ tbsp. Cardamom powder
- 3-4 fresh Mango pieces
- ½ tbsp. color Sprinkles, optional
How to make Mango Semolina Cake
- Grease a mini microwave safe bowl with ¼ tbsp EVOO . Set aside. (I used microwave safe ramekin).
- Dry roast semolina on low flame in a thick bottom vessel for 3-4 minutes or until nice aroma wafts. Leave it to cool completely.
- Combine mango juice, cardamom powder and icing sugar. Add dry roasted semolina to this and mix gently to avoid lumps.
- Add in baking powder and 1 tbsp EVOO. Mix gently and pour into greased mini microwave safe bowl. Tap gently and leave it in microwave on high for 1½ -2 minutes or until the skewer come out clean.
- When the mini cake is done, leave it to cool for 5-6 minutes. Decorate with Mango pieces and color sprinkles before you serve or indulge.
- Add love to make this cake taste ‘Yummy’.
- You can substitute mango juice with fresh mango pulp as mangoes are in season. This gives the cake nice texture and taste.