This Five Ingredient Fool-Proof Butterscotch Dark Chocolate Fudge is great treat for chocolate lovers! Easily made with butterscotch chips, dark chocolate, condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract. Nuts are optional! I added finely chopped cashews on top for extra crunch in fudge.
Easy Butterscotch Fudge Nothing can beat crunchy and delicious homemade dark chocolate butterscotch fudge. It’s rich chocolate flavour coats your mouth and butterscotch chips tickles your taste buds. This is truly a perfect fudge recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Fudge
To make this recipe you’ll need,
Butterscotch Chips: These are easily available in any grocery story which sells bakery products. You can find in online stores like amazon and in any gourmet store.
Dark Chocolate: A good quality dark chocolate enhances the flavour and gives good texture to the fudge. I used Amul Dark Chocolate with 55% Cocoa. But you can use bitter or milk chocolate too. Or you can use combination of bitter and milk chocolate bars. Compound chocolate slabs are also best for making fudge.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: You can use Nestle’s Milkmaid too instead of sweetened condensed milk.
Butter: Brings shine in the fudge. You can use either salted or unsalted butter in this recipe.
Vanilla Extract: You can use vanilla extract or essence depending on availability. Chopped Nuts: Adding nuts is purely optional. I used finely chopped cashew nuts. You can use either almonds or walnuts or hazel nuts or sunflower seeds or combination of all.
How To Make Butterscotch Chocolate Fudge
I call this a “shortcut fudge” as there is no need for tons of stirring or candy thermometer. This is simple and straight forward recipe. Melt dark chocolate on stovetop using double boiler method or in microwave. Add sweetened condensed milk, butter and vanilla essence. Stir until smooth and fold in butterscotch chips.
Pour this into a prepared bowl or tray. Tap gently and smooth the top of fudge using a spatula. If using, sprinkle nuts on top. Set in fridge for at least 2 hours.
Run a shape knife and cut into squares or any desired shapes. Relish!
Does Fudge Have To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, if you stay in hot climate place, then refrigerating fudge is good option. After cutting the fudge into pieces, wrap them individually in cling film. Place them in an airtight moisture free jar and leave in fridge.
If you don’t wrap the fudge pieces, then they will turn dry and brittle.
If you love soft and chewy fudge, then thaw them in microwave for 10-15 seconds.
You can even leave them on kitchen counter to come down to room temperature.
Butterscotch Chocolate Fudge makes the best edible gift for your loved ones. Do give this recipe a try!
You May Also Like,
Always melt chocolate on low flame, otherwise the chocolate mixture will turn gritty.
Fudge mixture will start to turn harder as it starts to cool. So, work fast and pour it on prepared baking tray or pan.
Use a thick spatula to mix the butterscotch fudge mixture.
You can even add crushed butterscotch chips on top for additional crunch.
Always use chocolate bar in making fudge. Chocolate chips may not bring the required consistency in fudge.
- 150 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 150 g Butterscotch Choco Chips
- 300 g Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbsp. melted Butter
- ½ cup Chopped Cashew Nuts, optional
- Using double boiler method or in a microwave safe bowl melt dark chocolate, butter and condensed milk.
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Now add vanilla essence and give the mixture a gentle stir.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper or foil.
- Pour in the contents into the tray and using a spatula spread evenly about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly and tap the pan to settle the nuts into chocolate layer or gently press with your fingers to settle the nuts on top.
- Leave the tray in the fridge for 2 hours or until the butterscotch chocolate fudge turns firm.
- Using a sharp knife cut into pieces or desired shapes or just break down to small slabs. Refrigerate in ziplock bag until use.
- Add love to make this butterscotch fudge taste ‘Yummy’.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g