You know my interest in microwave baking. I love to experiment a lot in microwave and very happy with the results too. Microwave muffins are simple to make and can be made in less time. When you are in a hurry or have unexpected guest or to satisfy hunger at odd hours, or looking out for snack options for kids then these microwave muffins are answer to all.
Microwave Eggless Custard Powder Muffins
Though these are eggless and made in microwave, these muffins turned light, soft and moist. That custard powder had added its magic to the muffins. The aroma that filled the kitchen when these were rising in microwave was heavenly. Done a quick photo shoot and gulped one instantly. Hope you try these out in your kitchen and enjoy eating them as much as I did.
Microwave Eggless Custard Powder Muffins Recipe
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Oats powder, optional
- 1½ cups Icing sugar
- ¾ cup Custard powder, I used Vanilla Flavored Weikfield brand
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ½ cup Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp. colored Coconut flakes, optional
How to make Custard Muffins in Microwave
- Line silicone muffin mould with paper cases and set aside. If not using paper cases then gently brush butter and dust with flour the silicone muffin tray.
- Sift flour, oats powder, icing sugar, baking powder and custard powder all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Combine butter, milk with vanilla extract. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour.
- Pour the batter into paper cases or greased and dusted muffin tray up to ¾ of its size. Sprinkle colored coconut flakes. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly. Microwave on high for 1 or 1½ minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. Leave it to cool for 2-3 minutes and then remove from silicone mould and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
Variations in making Microwave Muffins
- Add choco chips to the batter before pouring it into the mould for that rich chocolate taste.
- If available you can add Tutti-frutti to the batter, for taste, crunch and color.
- You can add your choice of fruit like mashed banana or apple chunks or strawberry pieces.
- Instead of plain custard powder, try using flavored custard powder in making these muffins.
Tips to make the best Microwave Custard Muffins
- Sifting the flour 2-3 times helps in combing the mixture well and avoids lumps.
- Microwave timing can differ depending on models. Mine is 20 lit. capacity IFB Microwave with 900 W.
- To check whether the muffins are done or not, insert a toothpick at the centre. If it comes out clean then muffins are ready.