Cranberry muffins are a delightful sweet treat with tangy flavor of cranberries and moist, fluffy texture. These muffins make for a perfect breakfast or snack option, ideal for holiday gatherings or any time you crave a burst of cranberry goodness. The bright red cranberries add a pop of color and a delightful tartness to the moist muffin base. Enjoy these easy cranberry muffins warm or at room temperature.
Easy Cranberry Muffins
Cranberry muffins are a delightful treat that perfectly captures the essence of the festive season. These Easy Cranberry Muffins are a delicious combination of tart cranberries and sweet muffin batter, creating a delightful balance of flavors in each bite.
The recipe begins with a simple batter, made with flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. To enhance the flavor and texture, a hint of vanilla extract and a splash of yogurt are added. The magic happens when plump, juicy cranberries are gently folded into the batter, distributing their vibrant red color and tangy taste throughout.
The cranberries not only add a burst of tartness, but their slight acidity also cuts through the sweetness of the muffins, making them incredibly refreshing. As the muffins bake, the cranberries soften and release their juices, creating pockets of fruity goodness within the tender crumb.
The final result is a batch of muffins with a beautiful golden exterior and a moist, tender interior. Each bite showcases the irresistible combination of sweet and tangy flavors, making these Easy Cranberry Muffins a perfect choice for breakfast, brunch, or as a delightful snack to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
So, go ahead and indulge in these Easy Cranberry Muffins. They are a simple yet delightful treat that will surely brighten up any day with their burst of cranberry goodness! You can even pack this in kids lunch box.
Ingredients For Making Cranberry Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour: The main dry ingredient that forms the muffin base.
- Cranberries: Provide a delightful burst of tartness and color in each bite.
- Fresh Yogurt, Beaten: Adds moisture, tenderness, and a subtle tang to the muffins.
- Caster Sugar: Sweetens the muffins, complementing the cranberries’ tartness.
- Egg: Provides structure and moisture for a fluffy texture.
- Vegetable or Canola Oil: Adds moisture and a subtle richness to the muffins.
- Vanilla Essence: Enhances flavor with its sweet, aromatic notes.
- Baking Powder: Leavening agent for a rise in the muffins.
- Baking Soda: Further leavening for a lighter texture.
- Pinch of Salt: Enhances the overall flavor and balances sweetness.
Tips and Customization
Prep Your Ingredients: Measure and prepare all your ingredients before starting. This ensures a smoother and more efficient baking process.
Use Fresh Cranberries: If possible, use fresh cranberries for a vibrant burst of tartness. If using frozen cranberries, do not thaw them before adding to the batter.
Don’t Overmix: When combining the wet and dry ingredients, mix until just combined. Overmixing can result in tough muffins.
Consistent Oven Temperature: Preheat your oven and use an oven thermometer to ensure it’s at the correct temperature for even baking.
Evenly Fill Muffin Cups: Use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to distribute the batter evenly among muffin cups. This ensures uniform muffins.
Add Extra Cranberries on Top: Place a few extra cranberries on top of each muffin for a more appealing appearance and a burst of flavor.
Use Quality Yogurt: Fresh yogurt provides moisture and a pleasant tang. Avoid yogurt with added sugar or artificial flavors.
Test for Doneness: Use a toothpick or skewer to check for doneness. Insert it into the center of a muffin; it should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no wet batter.
Cool Muffins Properly: Let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. This prevents them from becoming soggy.
Store Well: Store muffins in an airtight container to maintain their freshness. They can be frozen for longer-term storage.
Customize: Feel free to add orange zest, nuts, or spices like cinnamon to tailor the flavor to your preference.
Enjoy Fresh: Cranberry muffins are best when freshly baked. If not serving immediately, warm them up briefly before enjoying.
- 100. All Purpose flour
- 100g Cranberries
- 100 ml fresh Yogurt, beaten
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable | Canola Oil
- ¾ tsp. Vanilla essence
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- a pinch of Salt
Step-By-Step Recipe Of Cranberry Muffins
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin cups.
- Prepare the Dry Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to ensure even distribution of the leavening agents.
- Prepare the Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, beat the egg until well combined. Add the caster sugar and continue to mix until the mixture becomes smooth. Then, add the vegetable or canola oil, fresh yogurt, and vanilla essence. Mix until all the wet ingredients are well incorporated.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps in the batter are okay.
- Fold in Cranberries: Gently fold in the roughly chopped cranberries into the muffin batter. Save a few cranberries to place on top of each muffin for added visual appeal.
- Fill the Muffin Cups: Divide the muffin batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. You can use an ice cream scoop for even portioning.
- Add Cranberries on Top: Place a few additional cranberry pieces on top of each muffin for a burst of color and flavor.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool: Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve: Your Cranberry Muffins are ready to be enjoyed as a delightful treat for breakfast, brunch, or a snack.
All love to make these cranberry muffins taste 'Yummy'. Read post for tips and more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5127Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 1071gFiber: 38gSugar: 14gProtein: 145g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.