Baked to perfection, these Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies offer a perfect balance of chewiness and nutty sweetness. Simple to bake, these blondies are a crowd-pleaser for any occasion, delivering a delightful twist on the classic brownie. Get ready to enjoy a melt-in-your-mouth experience with every bite of these irresistible sweet treat.
Blondies are a delicious dessert bar or square, similar to brownies but without cocoa or chocolate. They have a rich, buttery flavor with a base of brown sugar, creating a sweet and caramel-like taste. Blondies often include mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips, adding texture and additional layers of flavor.
They have a dense and chewy texture, making them a delightful treat for those who enjoy a dessert that’s not as chocolate-centric as brownies. Blondies are versatile and can be customized with various ingredients to suit individual preferences, making them a popular and enjoyable dessert option.
Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies
Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies are a delightful treat made with a chewy and buttery butterscotch base. The addition of crunchy pecan nuts brings a rich and nutty flavor that perfectly complements the sweetness of the butterscotch.
These blondies are not only delicious but also visually appealing. They have a soft and chewy center, reminiscent of a brownie, with a slightly crisp outer layer. As you bite into them, you’ll see the beautiful specks of pecans throughout the blondie. The golden-brown color of the butterscotch and the caramelized edges enhance their visual appeal. These blondies are treat for both the eyes and the taste buds.
They make a wonderful dessert for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply indulging in a sweet treat. Enjoy on their own or pair with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, these blondies are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So go ahead, give them a try and savor a moment of pure bliss!
Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies Ingredients
Butter (115 g): The butter serves as the rich and flavorful base for these blondies, contributing to their moist and indulgent texture. It provides a buttery backdrop that complements the sweetness of the brown sugar.
Dark Brown Sugar (180 g): Dark brown sugar adds depth and a delightful caramel flavor to the blondies. Its molasses content enhances the overall richness, creating a chewy and sweet foundation for the bars.
Eggs (2 large, lightly beaten): Eggs act as a binding agent, providing structure and stability to the blondies. Their light beating ensures a smooth incorporation into the batter, contributing to a tender texture.
Vanilla Extract (1/2 tsp): Vanilla extract imparts a subtle aromatic note, enhancing the overall flavor profile of the blondies. It adds a sweet and fragrant touch to the buttery and brown sugar combination.
Plain Flour | Maida (185 g): The flour serves as the main dry ingredient, giving structure to the blondies. It contributes to the chewy texture while allowing the other flavors to shine.
Butterscotch Chips (30 g): Butterscotch chips introduce a sweet and buttery flavor burst, creating pockets of gooey goodness throughout the blondies. They add a delightful contrast to the chewy texture.
Pecan Nuts (40 g): Pecan nuts bring a crunchy and nutty element to the blondies, offering a delightful texture and enhancing the overall flavor profile. They provide a satisfying contrast to the soft and chewy base.
Step-by-Step Butterscotch Blondies Recipe
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius. Place the butter in a saucepan and melt gently over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir in eggs and then the vanilla extract and whisk for a minute.
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly to the mixture and fold in. Add the butterscotch chips and pecan nuts and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown on top and skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin before removing and cut into pieces and serve with whipped cream, if like. Store it in air tight container.
Thank you Valarmathi of Simple and Yummy Recipes, for this wonderful recipe my Christmas and New Year’s Bakes Event and sending in this wonderful recipe.
- 115g of Butter
- 180g of Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 185g Plain Flour/Maida
- 30g Butterscotch Chips
- 40g Pecan nuts
- 23cm square tin, greased and base lined with butter paper.
How To Make Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the butter in a saucepan and melt gently over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir in eggs and then the vanilla extract and beat for one minute.
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly to the mixture and stir in.
- Add the butterscotch chips and pecan nuts and stir until thoroughly combined
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 35 min's until golden brown on top and skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin before removing and cut into pieces.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream of your choice. Store it in air tight container.
Serve warm Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful combination of warm and cold, creating a comforting and indulgent dessert.
Enhance the butterscotch flavor by drizzling warm caramel sauce over the blondies. The combination of caramel and butterscotch creates a sweet and gooey treat.
Top each blondie square with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The light and airy texture of whipped cream complements the dense and chewy blondies.
Enjoy these blondies with a cup of hot coffee or tea. The nutty and butterscotch notes make them a perfect accompaniment to your favorite warm beverage.
Balance the sweetness with a side of fruit compote, such as apple or pineapple, for a refreshing contrast. The fruity element adds a layer of complexity to the dessert.
Sometimes, the beauty of blondies lies in their simplicity. Serve them as is for a delicious snack or dessert during gatherings, picnics, or as a lunchbox treat.
For an elegant touch, dust the Pecan Nuts Butterscotch Blondies with a sprinkle of powdered sugar just before serving. This adds a touch of sweetness and a visually appealing finish.
Spread a layer of Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread on top of the blondies for a chocolatey twist that complements the butterscotch and pecan flavors.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.