Chocolate Cashew Bars is a delightful fusion of velvety chocolate and the buttery crunch of cashews. An incredibly easy-to-make recipe that requires only three simple ingredients. Whether as a luxurious snack or a decadent dessert, these bars are sure to leave your taste buds in a state of pure BLISS!
About This Recipe
Dark Chocolate Roasted Cashew Nut Bars are a delicious and satisfying treat. The fusion of rich, bittersweet taste of dark chocolate with the crunchiness of roasted cashew nuts is simply irresistible.. These bars are perfect for those moments when you need a quick pick-me-up or a sweet indulgence.
The combination of dark chocolate and roasted cashews creates a delightful balance of flavors. The deep, intense notes of the dark chocolate perfectly complement the buttery sweet taste of the cashew nuts. The chocolate melts in your mouth, releasing its complex flavors, while the cashews provide a satisfying crunch with every bite.
In addition to being incredibly tasty, these bars also come with health benefits. You can enjoy these bars as a mid-afternoon snack or as a post-workout treat, or a dessert. These dark chocolate cashew bars are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling content. Chocolate cashew bars will make a impressive and delicious homemade edible gift for any occasion! So go ahead and indulge in the irresistible combination of dark chocolate and roasted cashews with these delightful bars.
Dark Chocolate Cashew Bar Vs. Dark Chocolate Cashew Bark
With the same ingredients and preparation steps, you can make chocolate cashew bar or bark. The difference between bar and bark mostly lies in presentation and structure.
Chocolate Cashew Bars:
- Bars are typically thicker and more structured, often made by layering or pressing together ingredients into a solid form.
- These bars often have a fudgy or chewy texture, with distinct layers of chocolate and cashews.
- They are cut into individual portions, creating distinct servings.
Chocolate Cashew Bark:
- Bark is usually thinner and spread into a single, flat layer on a baking sheet or parchment paper.
- This treat has a thinner, more brittle texture, often broken into irregular pieces, resembling tree bark.
- It tends to have a higher chocolate-to-nut ratio and is known for its snap when broken into smaller pieces.
Best Chocolate Cashew Bars Ingredients
Roasted Cashews: These nuts bring a delightful crunch and a buttery richness to the bars. Roasting enhances their natural flavors, adding depth to each bite. Cashews also contribute essential nutrients like healthy fats, proteins and minerals, elevating both taste and nutritional value.
Dark Chocolate Chips: The star of the recipe, these chocolate chips provide the luxurious, indulgent base for the bars. Dark chocolate balances sweetness with a deep cocoa flavor, offering a perfect canvas for the other ingredients. Rich in antioxidants, it adds a decadent touch to the bars.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Adds a creamy sweetness and a luscious texture to the bars. Its richness binds the mixture together. Creates a fudgy consistency that holds the chocolate and cashews together.
Vanilla Extract, optional: Adds a fragrant depth to the bars, enhancing the overall flavor profile. Its subtle, aromatic notes complement the richness of the chocolate and the nuttiness of the cashews.
Sea Salt (for garnish, optional): A touch of sea salt sprinkled on top of the bars offers a tantalizing contrast. It balances the sweetness, intensifies the flavors, and adds a sophisticated touch.
Chocolate Cashew Bars Tips
Dry roast the cashew nuts and crush them slightly. The process of dry roasting cashew nuts enhances their natural flavors and brings out their delightful crunch. Place the cashew nuts in a dry skillet or pan over medium heat. Gently toss them until they turn golden brown and release a toasty aroma. Allow them to cool slightly before giving them a light crushing. Maintain a coarse texture to add a delightful bite to your dish.
For Chocolate, you can use dark chocolate chips or chocolate bar. If using dark chocolate bar, then grate the chocolate and melt it. Melt chocolate in microwave or by double boiler method on stove top. Once the chocolate begins to melt and become beautifully silky. Remove and leave for 5 minutes. Now to this add in the condensed milk. Whisk gently and create a luxurious and smooth chocolate mixture that will coat every bite of our dessert.
Now add roasted cashew nuts and stir until cashew nuts get completely mixed. As the cashew nuts are stirred into the mixture, they blend easily with the other ingredients. Reserve few spoons of roasted cashew nuts as a topping.
Spread on a butter or parchment paper. Once the ingredients are thoroughly combined, carefully spread this mixture on prepared butter paper. Using a spatula, spread this mixture evenly. Sprinkle few roasted cashew nuts on top and leave this to set in fridge for 1-2 hours.
Cut, Serve or Relish. Cut into desired shape and enjoy relishing these chocolaty cashew bars.
- Nut Variations: Instead of cashews, you can use almonds, peanuts, or a mix of different nuts to create different flavors and textures.
- Flavor Additions: Experiment with adding different flavors like a hint of cinnamon, a dash of espresso powder, or a tablespoon of nut butter for an extra richness.
- Texture Play: Adjust the texture by varying the amounts of ingredients. For a crunchier texture, leave the nuts a bit coarser. For a smoother bar, blend the mixture until it’s finer.
- Coating Options: Instead of topping with melted chocolate, you can dip the bars halfway in melted chocolate or roll them in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or shredded coconut.
- Sweeteners: If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a bit of honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar to the mixture while blending
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 2 cups Dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Sea salt for garnish (optional)
How To Make The Best Chocolate Cashew Bark or Bars
- Prepare the Cashews: Begin by roughly chopping 1 1/2 cups of roasted cashews. Set aside the remaining 1/2 cup for later.
- Melt the Chocolate: In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate chips until smooth and fully melted. Stir occasionally to ensure even melting.
- Incorporate Condensed Milk: Once the chocolate is melted, gradually add the sweetened condensed milk, stirring continuously until the mixture is well combined and smooth. This will create a thick, fudgy consistency.
- Add Cashews and Vanilla Essence: Remove the chocolate mixture from heat and gently fold in the roughly chopped cashews. If desired, add vanilla extract at this stage for an extra layer of flavor.
- Prepare the Pan: Line a baking dish or pan (8x8 inches or similar size) with parchment paper, leaving some excess paper hanging over the edges for easy removal of the bars later.
- Spread the Mixture: Pour the chocolate-cashew mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread it evenly, ensuring a smooth top.
- Top with Cashews and Sea Salt (Optional): Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of whole roasted cashews on top of the mixture. If you enjoy a sweet-savory contrast, lightly sprinkle sea salt over the bars.
- Chill and Set: Place the pan in the refrigerator and allow the bars to chill and set for at least 2-3 hours, or until firm.
- Cut into Bars: Once set, remove the bars from the pan using the parchment paper overhang. Place on a cutting board and slice into desired bar sizes using a sharp knife.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve the chocolate cashew bars at room temperature and savor the delightful combination of creamy chocolate and crunchy cashews.
- Add love to make these chocolate cashew bars taste 'Yummy'.
Storing chocolate cashew bars properly ensures they maintain their freshness and taste. When considering gifting these treats, packaging and storage play crucial roles in keeping them presentable and delicious.
- Refrigeration: Store the bars in an airtight container or sealed bag in the refrigerator. They'll stay fresh for up to two weeks.
- Freezing: If you want to keep them longer, these bars freeze well.
- Wrap individual bars in wax paper or parchment paper and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They can last for up to three months in the freezer.
Packaging for Gifting:
- Decorative Boxes: Choose decorative boxes or tins lined with parchment paper to place the bars. This adds a touch of elegance and keeps them secure during transportation.
- Cellophane Bags or Wrapping Paper: Wrap individual bars or a few bars together in cellophane bags or wrapping paper, tying them off with ribbons or twine. This makes for a visually appealing gift.
- Custom Labels or Tags: Add a personal touch by creating custom labels or tags with the name of the treat and any special instructions (if necessary). It's a nice touch for homemade gifts.
- Temperature Consideration: If gifting during warmer weather, consider using an insulated cooler bag or adding ice packs to maintain the bars' quality and prevent melting.
- Inform Recipients: Include a note or mention to the recipient to refrigerate or freeze the bars upon receipt to ensure their freshness.
- Presentation: Presentation matters! Arrange the bars neatly in the packaging and add decorative elements like ribbons, stickers, or personalized notes to make the gift more appealing.
By storing them properly and presenting them thoughtfully, chocolate cashew bars will make a delightful and delicious gift for any occasion!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.