Almond Milk Hot Chocolate Recipe
Variations in making Almond Milk Hot Chocolate:
- Instead of vanilla, you can even try adding cinnamon powder or you can use both vanilla and cinnamon in combo.
- Instead of dates in making almond milk, you can add maple syrup or any other natural sweetener of your choice.
- You can make plain and nutty almond milk by skipping dates and vanilla too.
Can I make hot chocolate with chocolate bar?
Recipe for Chocolate Bar Hot Chocolate
- Grate and melt dark any chocolate bar in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Whisk and upon cooling, add almond milk to it. Stir gently.
- Now add honey or sugar along with vanilla extract and whisk for 30 sec.
- Pour in desired cups or mugs and serve warm by topping with whipped cream or marshmallows or sprinkles or cream.
- You can even add dash of cinnamon to this to get a different taste.
- Or you can even add dash of cayenne powder for spicy taste.
Tips to make Perfect Hot Chocolate with Nut Milk
- Soaking almonds for 8-10 hours or overnight gives you smooth almond paste on grinding.
- If in hurry then you can even soak for 1-2 hours in lukewarm water.
- I removed the skin of the almonds, but its purely optional.
- Leftover almond pulp can be used in making cookies or cake or granola or smoothies, etc.,
You may also like,
Best Almond Milk Hot Cocoa Recipe
Here is a simple recipe on how to make the best hot cocoa with homemade vanilla flavoured almond milk. In this post, I have also given the detailed recipe for homemade almond milk and its storing procedure. I have also mentioned some variations to make this luscious and warm hot chocolate at home. Do check it out.
- 2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1½ tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa powder
- Sugar, as per taste
How to make Almond Milk Hot Chocolate
- First heat vanilla flavoured almond milk in a heavy bottom sauce pan until hot on low flame. (Don’t boil).
- Whisk in cocoa powder and sugar until smooth and shiny.
- Pour into desired mugs or glasses or cups and serve warm.
- Finally top with colored sprinklers or non-dairy whipped cream. (If Using)
- Add love to make this almond milk hot chocolate taste 'Yummy'.
Ingredients To Make Homemade Almond Milk
- 1 cup Almonds, soaked overnight
- 3 Dates, pitted
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence or 1 Vanilla pod, scrapped inside
How to make Almond Milk in home
- Rinse and drain the almonds. Peel the skin. Place them in a blender along with dates and vanilla essence.
- Grind to coarse paste and add half cup of water. Blend on highest speed for 1 minute.
- Now place a fine sieve or kitchen cloth on a big bowl and empty the content of the jar.
- Gently using the back side of a big spoon or spatula press the mixture, the milk will start to separate and get collected in the bowl.
- Transfer the coarse mixture in the sieve or cheesecloth to the blender and added little water, nearly half cup and blended for 1 minute and follow the same procedure of straining.
- Strain the almond milk using cheesecloth or fine sieve again to get smooth almond milk.
- Chill it in air tight container until use.
NOTE: Add vanilla essence, if using the almond milk immediately. If making it to use later, then skip adding vanilla essence.
How to store homemade Almond Milk
- You can store almond milk in fridge for 3-4 days. Shake jar before opening and using it as the mixture separates upon sitting.
- If using refrigerated almond milk, then bring it to room temperature, before using it.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions:
To me, Almond Milk Hot Chocolate tastes best when served plain without any cream or toppings.
But if you want to add anything to this, then try adding,
toasted almond flakes
roasted coconut shavings
cocoa puff cereals
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Thoughts on Modern Love,