I am so thrilled and honored to be back here for the Ramadan feast. When Lubna asked me last year, I was really humbled as I was a pretty new blogger and it was a really kind of her to offer me to present my blog on her veteran space. To be honest, she was the second person to ask me to guest post on her blog, and you can imagine my joy when she did so.
You may also like,
Veg Puff – Iftar Snack
With the store bought puff pastry sheet, all you have to do is make a veggie filling of your choice and make an awesome veg puff recipe. You can find the puff pastries in the frozen section of the supermarkets. The taste is really awesome with the veggies. Just remember you can tweak it according to your family’s preferences.
Veg Puff | Curry Puff
- 1 packet of Puff pastry sheets*
- 500 g Veggies of your choice, (potatoes- cut into small cubes, peas, carrot-cut into small pieces etc)
- 1 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
- 2 large Onions sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Jeera | Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. Red chili powder
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh Coriander/Cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to taste
- Butter for brushing
How to make Veg Puff at home
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onion till translucent.
- Throw in the cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and sprinkle some water.
- Stir and add the potatoes and cook till half done.
- When the potatoes are half done, add in the rest of the vegetables and cook till all the veggies are cooked.
- Add the coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Meanwhile take off the puff pastry sheets from the freezer and follow the instructions on the packet for thawing.
- Place a pastry sheet and put a tablespoon of veggie filling. You can make the puff into any desired shape, rectangular, triangle, in a packet.
- Finally brush the top with butter.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes at 220 C. Every oven is different, adjust the temperature and the timing according to your oven. Remove when it is nicely golden brown in color.
NOTE: I bought the square shape puff pastry sheets which makes 1 puff. If you are buying large sheets, you might have to cut according to your preference.
Thank you Fareeha for being part of this event and for giving us the recipe for yummy veg puff’s.
You can find Fareeha @ Facebook | Twitter
2015 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII – Carrot Delight by Sarah of ‘Let’s Share Recipes‘
2014 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII – Egyptian Filled Pancakes from Dr.Ola
2013 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VI – Special Bread Toast from Fajeeda