Sweet Poha Chivda | Sweet Aval (Atukula) Mixture is crunchy, gluten free, vegan and perfect munching snack. If you are looking out for a snack which is easy to make, slightly sweet and with very less ingredients, then this sweet poha chivda is a perfect fit.
Sugar Free, Oil Free Sweet Poha Mixture
I used organic jaggery powder (which is easily available in both online and physical stores) in making this sweet chivda. If available, you can easily substitute jaggery powder with coconut sugar or maple sugar.
How to Roast Nuts
I have used roasted nuts to make this zero-oil sweet chivda. You can easily roast the nuts by following these steps,
To roast almonds, take almond slivers or finely sliced almonds and toss them in a thick bottom pan on low flame until they start to change color.
To roast cashews, toss broken cashew pieces (using broken cashew pieces, will help in easy and even roasting) in a hot pan on low flame until they start to change color.
Similarly, you can toss raisins, coconut flakes and dates for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
NOTE: Nuts will get roasted fast, keep an eye on them, when you are roasting or tossing.
How to store Sweet Poha Chivda
As this sweet chivda is oil free, you can easily store this in a clean and dry air-tight container for 5-6 days. Use only dry spoon to take chivda from container and close the lid tightly.
Must Try Recipes with Poha (Flatten | Beaten Rice Flakes)
Sweet Poha Chivda
Course: Main Course Cuisine: Continental Cook Time: 12 Minutes Servings: 6 Units Calories: 330 Cal Author: Lubna Karim
- 300 gms. Poha | Flatten (Beaten) Rice Flakes
- ½ cup toasted Almond slivers
- 2 tbsp. black Raisins
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 2 tbsp. Coconut flakes
- ½ tbsp. Cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp. dry chopped dates
- ½ cup powdered Jaggery
How to make Sweet Poha Chivda
IMPORTANT TIP: For making roasted sweet poha chivda, always use very thin and flat poha variety only.
- On medium flame, heat large pan for 3 minutes and carefully spread poha evenly.
- Roast poha by gently tossing and stirring until poha turn crisp.
- When poha is crisp, add jaggery powder and cardamom powder.
- Toss on low flame. Slowly jaggery will start to melt. Stir and add roasted almonds, cashews, raisins, coconut flakes and dates.
- Toss well and remove from the heat. Transfer this to a plate and let it cool down to reach room temperature.
- Upon cooling, transfer to a clean and dry airtight container. Stays fresh for a 5-6 days.
- Add love to make this sweet poha chivda taste ‘Yummy’.