Sometimes Life is Crazy,
I made kunduri dal and rice before leaving home in the morning, so after a quick lunch, I took much needed nap. After getting up, I was wondering what to make in for dinner? As it is mostly roti at my home in dinner, thinking of side dish is not a big issue. As I have bought veggies in the afternoon only, I have plenty of options to cook. After sorting out the veggies in respective freezer bags and boxes. I decided to cook Sem ki phalli-tamatar ki sabzi. This is my all time favourite sabzi.
The only tiring job in making this sem ki phalli is trimming the sides and chopping into pieces. As my little sis is here with me these days, this work was halved and within no time, I made this sabzi to go with rotis. This sem ki phalli with tamatar is one of the simple and delectable side dish which I love to gratify more when it is in season. You can even pair this up with hot rice and dal or even with chaaru or rasam. Best Ever Comfort Meal Ever.
How to make Sem phali tamatar ki sabzi in cooker
- You can alternatively make this recipe in pressure cooker, as I mostly do…
- Add oil to pressure cooker and when it heats up add chopped onion slices and fry till translucent.
- Now add sem ki phalli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Add a cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Remove the lid and add chopped tomatoes and stir again. Cook on low flame till tomatoes are soft and water is completely absorbed.
- Cook till the oil starts to leave from the sides by stirring gently. When the curry starts to dry out, turn off the flame and add minced coriander leaves.
Variations in making Sem ki Phali ki Sabzi
- Add potato to the recipe, by just peeling and cutting the potato into bite size pieces and adding to sem ki phalli before it goes into pressure cooker.
- You can even add washed and chopped dill leaves for different taste.
- You can even add soya chunks to the sem ki phalli before it goes into pressure cooker. (Cook soya chunks as per the instructions on the packets before adding to sem ki phalli).
- 250 gms. Sem Ki Phalli, trimmed on sides and cut into small
- 1 big Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1½tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
How to make Sem ki phalli-Tamatar ki Sabzi
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and when it heats up add onion slices, fry till translucent.
- Now add sem ki phalli, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and cover with a lid. Cook till sem ki phalli turns soft. Now add sliced tomato and give the curry a gentle stir.
- Cook till tomatoes are soft and oil starts to leave from the sides or water is completely absorbed.
- Garnish minced coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Add love to make sem ki phali tamatar ki sabzi taste 'Yummy'.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g