This recipe can also called as “Roti Ki Kichidi” or “Roti ka Bharta/Bhurta“. This is very simple and can be made in less than 10 minutes of time, when all the ingredients are readily available at home. Roti will tend to harder and drier after 6-7 hours of making it….So, by following this simple and easy procedure you can recycle them into a tasty recipe. You can have this at anytime of the day. Sometimes I make an extra two roti’s in the morning and recycle them into “Roti Ki Kichidi” for an evening snack. If you want to prepare this recipe next morning then simply make pieces of roti and store in an air tight container and place in the fridge. These pieces can be stored for 2 days when refrigerated properly. Whenever you are in a mood to make this, then simply grind the pieces coarsely and follow the procedure.
Roti ka Bharta
- 2 Roti’s/Chapati’s
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- pinch Garam Masala
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Clove
- Salt to taste
- 2 springs Coriander leaves
- Make small pieces of roti and grind coarsely.
- Add oil to a deep frying pan and add cardamom, cinnamon, clove and onions. Fry till onions turn golden brown in color.
- Now add little water to the oil along with salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste.
- When the water starts to boil add coarsely grind roti to it. As roti is already cooked, it will take less time to cook and absorb the water.
- When water gets completely soaked up by the roti, sprinkle garam masala and remove it from the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
NOTE : If you had added salt to the roti/chapati, then add less salt in making this recipe.