Andhra style spicy and delicious Mutton Keema Fry is my family favorite recipe. Keema fry is easiest recipe ever. I call this a beginner’s recipe as anyone can make this with ease. Just a handful of easily available ingredients are required to make this kheema fry recipe.
What is Keema?
Kheema | Keema | Qeema is thin, tender and boneless minced (finely chopped) meat. Keema can be made with any meat you prefer like chicken, mutton, etc. Mutton kheema is used in making many recipes like shami kebab, kofta curry, etc., Keema gives awesome flavour when cooked in combo with potatoes and many vegetables of such. There are two versions of making keema fry. One is dry version sukka kheema and tariwala kheema, which is gravy based recipe. Today I am sharing with you easy and spicy sukka keema recipe | mutton keema dry (dry version).
You may also like,
Mutton Keema Samosa – Flaky samosa sheets are stuffed with spicy minced mutton and deep fried until nice golden. These are one of the most loved evening, party and iftar snacks.
Minced Meat Egg Croquets – Spicy minced meat is mixed with hard boiled eggs and fried till golden. Try this recipe in iftar this recipe.
Keema Aloo ka Salan – This is one of the simple and flavourful recipe made with boiled potatoes and minced mutton.
Persian Lubia Polo – This Persian one pot meal recipe is delicious and the best iftar or eid dinner recipe.
Waraq Inab – This Palestine recipe is flavorful and delicious must try recipe in Ramadan.
Variations in making Keema Fry
Here are few quick and easy variations in making this keema fry,
You can add fresh fenugreek leaves to this fry and make methi keema fry, which is indeed yet another delicious minced meat recipe.
As this is Andhra style mutton keema fry, I added curry leaves, you can skip adding curry leaves and can add freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Instead of adding red chili powder, add pepper powder and make Andhra Mutton Pepper Fry.
- ½ kg Keema | Minced Lamb Meat
- 1 big Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green chili, finely chopped
- ¾ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. roasted Coriander powder
- ½ tbsp. Garam Masala
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 10 Curry leaves
How to make Keema Fry Recipe
- Clean and wash the minced meat thoroughly.
- Drain off the excess water and add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chopped green chili and salt.
- Mix well. Cover and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- In a thick bottom pan or kadai, add the above marinated minced meat and cook covered on low flame until all the water released by minced meat is absorbed.
- Now add oil and fry till the minced meat gets completely cooked and gets crisp.
- Sprinkle garam masala and add curry leaves. Serve with rice and dal of your choice.
- Add your ‘love’ to make this Keema Fry taste ‘YUMMY’.
Lubna's Serving Suggestions:
You can serve this keema fry with khatti dal or any dal recipe along with rice. This fry tastes best when served with sambar and rasam too.
You can also stuff this kheema fry in luqmi, samosa or even in sandwiches.
You can add this to noodles and pasta. Do give this recipe a try today…
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g