Baked Potato Wedges are best over deep fried wedges. These guilt free wedges are easy to make and tastes yum than deep fried potato wedges. Crispy and flavorful baked potato wedges make for a perfect side dish or even a tasty snack. With their crispy exterior and soft interior, these savory treats are a crowd-pleaser. Plus, you have the flexibility to experiment with different seasonings for extra indulgence.
Since you are here, make sure to check out these – Chicken Potato & Cheese Stuffed Croquettes, Potato Stuffed Bread Rolls, Aloo Bun Kebab (Mini Potato Patty Burgers), Aloo Pakora (Indian Style Potato Fritters), Cheese Stuffed Aloo Bonda.
About The Recipe
Potatoes are an incredibly versatile vegetable, and one delicious way to enjoy them is by making baked potato wedges. Baked potato wedges are a delightful alternative to traditional French fries. They offer a satisfying crunch on the outside, while still being tender and fluffy on the inside.
One of the great things these wedges is that you can easily customize and flavor to suit your taste. Season them with herbs and spices like garlic powder, paprika, or even cajun seasoning for an extra kick of flavor. If you prefer a cheesy twist, you can sprinkle some grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese on top before baking them in the oven.
Another advantage of making baked potato wedges is that they are healthier than deep-fried French fries. By baking them instead, you can reduce the amount of oil and calories while still achieving that delicious crispy texture. Plus, you can control the amount of salt added, making them a healthier option for those watching their sodium intake.
So why not try making some baked potato wedges for your next meal? They are sure to be a hit with family and friends, and will leave everyone craving for more.
Baked Potato Wedges Ingredients
Potatoes: Choose medium-sized potatoes with skin on for added texture and nutrients. Wash the potatoes to ensure they are clean before cutting into wedges.
Olive Oil: Provides a light coating for the potato wedges, aiding in crispiness during baking. Offers a healthier alternative to frying by reducing the need for excessive oil.
Thyme: Adds a subtle earthy and herby flavor to the potato wedges. Complements the potatoes with its aromatic qualities.
Rosemary: A fragrant herb with a piney flavor, rosemary adds an earthy and aromatic taste to wedges. It infuses a pleasant herbal note that complements the potatoes’ natural flavors.
Black Pepper: Black pepper, when freshly ground, offers a bold and pungent flavor. It adds a subtle heat and depth to the potato wedges, enhancing their taste without overpowering other flavors.
Salt: It brings out the natural flavors of the potatoes and other ingredients while providing a savory taste.
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
Baked Potato Wedges are best over deep fried wedges. These guilt free wedges are easy to make and tastes yum than deep fried potato wedges. These are incredibly easy to make. All you need to do is wash and cut the potatoes into wedges.
You can leave the skin on for added nutrients and texture. Then, toss the wedges in a bowl with some olive oil, salt, and your desired seasonings. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven until golden and crispy. It usually takes around 30-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the wedges.
Enjoy crispy baked potato wedges on their own as a tasty snack or side dish. They pair well with a variety of dipping sauces such as ketchup, barbecue sauce, or sour cream. You can also serve them alongside burgers, sandwiches, or salads for a complete and satisfying meal.
With endless flavor possibilities and a healthier cooking method, they are sure to become a family favorite. So next time when you are craving some crispy potato goodness, give these baked potato wedges a try!
- 3 Potatoes, thoroughly washed with skin
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 tsp. Rosemary
- 1 tsp. Black pepper, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
How To Make Baked Potato Wedges In Oven
- Prepare the Potatoes: Wash the potatoes thoroughly and pat them dry. Leave the skin on. Cut each potato into wedges. Place the wedges in a bowl of water, ensuring they are fully submerged, and let them rest for about 30 minutes. This helps remove excess starch.
- Parboil the Potatoes: In a pot, bring 3 cups of fresh water to a boil over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water, then carefully add the potato wedges. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove the wedges from the water and pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Prepare the Marinade: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine olive oil, dried herbs (crushed between your palms if using dried), salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the marinade. Add the parboiled and dried potato wedges to the bowl, lightly tossing until they are evenly coated with the marinade. Let them sit for 20-30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange and Roast: Place the marinated potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking tray. This allows them to cook evenly. Place the tray in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 20-30 minutes or until the potato skins become golden brown and crispy.
- Serve: Once the potato wedges are roasted to your desired crispiness, remove them from the oven. Serve hot with your favorite condiments such as chutney, mayonnaise, or sauce.
Serving baked potato wedges can be a versatile and enjoyable experience. Here are some concise notes on serving suggestions:
1. As a Side Dish:
- Pair with grilled chicken, steak, burgers, or fish for a satisfying meal.
- Serve alongside roasted vegetables or a fresh salad for a well-rounded plate.
2. Appetizer or Snack:
- Offer as a delightful appetizer with various dipping sauces like garlic aioli, ketchup, or sour cream and chives.
- Serve as a snack during gatherings or game nights for a crowd-pleasing option.
3. Garnish or Toppings:
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs like parsley or chives to add color and freshness.
- Consider topping with grated cheese or green onions for added flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.