- 1 cup roasted Semiya
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Tomato, chopped (Optional)
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1 Clove + 1 1’ inch piece of Cinnamon + 1 Cardamom *
- ½ tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- ¼ tbsp. Ginger- Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- Add oil to heavy bottom cooking vessel and to this add clove, cinnamon and cardamom. When these spices start to leave there aroma in oil then add sliced onions and fry till translucent.
- If using, now add chopped tomatoes and green chili. Fry till tomatoes turn soft. Now ginger-garlic paste and fry till raw smell disappears.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Give the mixture a quick stir and add water (nearly ¼-½ cup). When the water starts to boil, check for salt and then add semiya by continuously stirring. Cook on low flame, till semiya gets completely cooked. (It will take nearly 3-5 minutes depending on the quantity of semiya you use.)
- Serve hot by garnishing with fresh minced coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
- Add love to make this Khare Semiya recipe taste ‘YUMMY’.
Linking this recipe to my very own event Joy From Fasting ToFeasting – V. You can check more on the event by clicking on the logo below.
- My mom adds cooked minced mutton to this semiya and she even uses the mutton stock instead of water. This gives the semiya an extra taste of flavor.
- My mom sometimes adds fried chicken or mutton bite size pieces to this semiya while making to give an extra protein punch to the recipe.
ROASTING THE SEMIYA:
- M.K. Retail (all branches)
- R.K. Retail
- Big Bazaar (all branches)
- More (all branches)
- Spencers (all branches)