InshaAllah soon in a month’s time the pious and much awaited Ramadan month will begin. Ramadan is the time where Muslins round the globe will observe 30 days of fasting from sunrise to sunset. This year I thought of sharing some of my favorite recipes which I make more often during this fasting period.
I am starting with Chanae ki Dal. Call it a salad or just a snack. This is mostly made during Iftar time and you can always find served on most of the Hyderabadi Iftar table. This is one simple recipe which I love the most. Spicy and tangy dal is perfect to boost your appetite after 15 long hours of fasting.
Chanae ki Dal
- 1½ cup Chana Dal | Split Bengal Gram
- ½ tbsp. Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. minced Green chilies
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh Coriander leaves
- Thoroughly wash and soak chana dal for 1½ hours in enough water drinking water.
- Drain and add just enough fresh water to dal. Cook until dal turns just soft not mushy. Make sure the dal has to turn soft by retaining its shape.
- Once the dal is soft, drain the excess water and spread the dal on a plate. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Combine boiled dal, minced green chilies, mint and coriander leaves in a bowl. Toss and add salt and black pepper powder. Sprinkle fresh lemon juice and toss again. Serve immediately.
- Add love to make this chane ki dal taste ‘Yummy’.
With much joy and happiness I am sharing with you logo of this year Global Ramadan Event – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – IX. It is always a wonderful time to connect with Muslim Food Bloggers round the globe and know more about Ramadan and fasting.