Yeah, today we are learning to make and bake pizza from scratch! My best homemade paneer pizza uses just handful of ingredients and tastes outrageously delicious. Thin crust, layers of sauce, choice of toppings, lots of cheese, yummy paneer cubes and some seasoning is all it takes to make this delicious paneer pizza.
About This Recipe
In early 2000, we had only one bakery near my house, which use to sell Pizza. The pizza we use to get in that bakery was thick, small and generously loaded with veggies and cheese. To tell the truth, back then, I was more like burger person, than pizza. After few years, I moved to Bangalore and one fine day we had pizza at Pizza Hut. I just loved it!
From then on pizza has been regular takeout or dine-in at my place. Over the years, I never thought of baking pizza at home from scratch! May be because we have 30 minutes pizza delivery and I thought baking pizza is whole lot of effort.
As they say being mom teaches you many things. The credit for learning to make and bake pizza at home goes to my lil one. It was lockdown, we were struck at home and there was huge craving for pizza. So, I thought of giving it a try. Thanks to google and youtube for being there for my rescue.
Over the time, I tried and tested many different pizza dough recipes and finally came up with this full-proof and best pizza dough from scratch. Like mine, now pizza will be regular in your house too. Just follow my tips and tricks to make this utmost delicious pizza at home.
Homemade Thin Crust Paneer Pizza
Pizza is a meal in itself. With the right choice of ingredients and toppings, you can make a perfect calorie balanced pizza. Apart from this my paneer pizza recipe is best pizza for family night and for game nights.
Sunday night is pizza night at my house. I love when little one helps me with toppings. The only time consuming part in baking pizza is making pizza dough.
But making your own homemade pizza dough is worth the effort. Do give this recipe a try! I even make wholewheat pizza dough, which is simple and easy. I will share the recipe, in coming days.
Homemade Paneer Pizza Ingredients
Dough – You can make pizza dough with all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. The texture of the crust totally depends on the flour. Apart from flour we also need yeat, lukewarm water, oil, sugar and salt.
Sauces – Traditionally pizza calls for red tomato sauce. But with many options available in the market, you can use schezwan sauce or tomato-chili sauce. Apart from pizza sauce, I prefer adding mayo, as it creates a wonderful taste when combined with tomato sauce.
Toppings – Coming to toppings, it is your pizza recipe, so go generous and add whatever you feel like adding. I prefer capsicum, bell peppers, sweet corn, paneer, onion and tomatoes.
Cheese – I love to add mozzarella and cheddar to my pizza. These days we can easily get shredded or diced mozzarella and cheddar in any online grocery store.
Seasoning – Pizza seasoning is easily available in the market. I add red chili flakes and dried oregano along with pizza seasoning.
How To Make Pizza Step-By Step With Pictures
Making pizza is a five step process. Here is a detailed step by step recipe of making paneer pizza from scratch.
Step 1: How To Make Pizza Dough
Making pizza dough includes mixing the ingredients, kneading, proofing and shaping of the dough.
Mixing The Ingredients
In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast, oil and lukewarm water. Using a wooden spatula combine the ingredients till it forms a sticky dough.
Now sprinkle some flour on the clean kitchen surface and transfer the dough on it. Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, until the dough is soft.
After kneading, the dough should still feel little soft. Poke it with your finger, if it slowly bounces back, then dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading for another minute or two.
Proofing The Dough
Now lightly brush the insides of a large bowl with oil and carefully place the dough ball in it. Cover with a cling and leave it in a warm kitchen corner to rise.
In 90-120 minutes (1½ – 2 hours), the dough will be double in size. Once the dough is double in size, remove the cling and punch the dough to release the air.
Now gently remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a pizza pan.
Shaping The Pizza Dough
Lightly sprinkle the flour or brush the pizza pan with oil. Place the dough in the center and using your fingers, flatten the dough starting from the center.
Spread the dough evenly. Leave little gap on the sides of the pan. As we are making handmade thin crust pizza. I flatten the dough evenly. You can pinch the dough on the edges and create a lip all around.
Using a fork, create prick the top of the dough a few times to prevent bubbling.
Step 2: Spread The Sauce
Now evenly spread tablespoons of pizza sauce or schezwan sauce.
On top of it add mayonnaise of your choice and spread it evenly too.
Step 3: Toppings
Now start adding the toppings. Take all the toppings in a bowl and mix them well. Cover the pizza by gently spreading the toppings in a single layer.
As you can see in the picture, I used paneer cubes, capsicum, onion, tomatoes and sweet corn as toppings. You can use any toppings of your choice. Just remember to cut them into equal size pieces for even baking.
Cover the toppings with diced or shredded cheese.
Step 4: Seasoning
Sprinkle pizza seasoning, dried oregano and red chili flakes all over the toppings.
Step 5: Baking
Place the pizza pan in a pre-heated oven and bake on 220°C for 12-15 minutes. Bake till cheese melts and crust turns light brown. My paneer pizza was ready in 14 minutes.
NOTE: Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes in 180°C.
Serving Homemade Paneer Pizza
Carefully remove the pizza pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack. After 2-3 minutes using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the pizza pieces.
Serve hot with sauce or any dip and drinks.
Tips To Make Best Paneer Pizza
Kneading the dough just right is the key to get thin crust pizza. The pizza dough should be soft and stretchy.
I prefer hand stretching my pizza dough and shaping it. Alternatively, you can roll the pizza dough using rolling pin and shape it round.
The thickness of the pizza base totally depends on your choice. I prefer thin base pizza.
Just before shaping pizza base, gather all the toppings and seasonings and keep them ready on the kitchen counter.
Always remember to bake pizza at a very high temperature.
Do not forget to brush the pizza pan with oil or use parchment paper.
What Toppings Can You Put On Pizza?
Adding toppings to pizza is purely optional. You can skip adding veggies and can make normal cheese pizza, Pizza Margherita. Apart from this you can even add shredded chicken or leftover mutton keema to make protein loaded pizza.
Apart from onion, tomato, bell peppers, sweet corn, paneer, etc; you can use olives, mushrooms, sausages, spinach, pineapple cubes, baby corn, etc.
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp. instant Yeast
- ½ tsp. Sugar
- 1 to 1.25 cups lukewarm Water or add as required
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Salt or add as required
- 1 Onion, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tomato, Cubed (seeds removed)
- 1 Capsicum, cubed
- ½ cup Paneer Cubes (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- ½ cup Sweet Corn, boiled
- ¾ cup Cheese, diced or shredded
- 4 tbsp. Pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp. Mayo
- 1 tbsp. Red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp, dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Pizza seasoning
Step-by-Step Paneer Pizza Recipe
- In a bowl add flour, sugar, salt, instant yeast, oil and lukewarm water. Using a wooden spatula combine the ingredients till it forms a sticky dough.
- Now sprinkle some flour on the clean kitchen surface and transfer the dough on it. Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, until the dough is soft.
- After kneading, the dough should still feel little soft. Poke it with your finger, if it slowly bounces back, then dough is ready to rise. If not, keep kneading for another minute or two.
- Now transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a cling or kitchen towel and leave it in a warm kitchen corner to rise.
- In 90-120 minutes (1½ - 2 hours), the dough will be double in size. Once the dough is double in size, punch the dough to release the air.
- Now gently remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a pizza pan.
- Place the dough in the center of the pan and using your fingers, flatten the dough starting from the center.
- Spread the dough evenly. Leave little gap on the sides of the pan.
- Using a fork, create prick the top of the dough a few times to prevent bubbling.
- Now evenly spread tablespoons of pizza sauce or schezwan sauce. On top of it add mayonnaise of your choice and spread it evenly too.
- Cover the pizza by gently spreading the toppings in a single layer. Top it with diced or shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle pizza seasoning, dried oregano and red chili flakes all over the toppings.
- Place the pizza pan in a pre-heated oven and bake on 220°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Bake till cheese melts and crust turns light brown. My paneer pizza was ready in 14 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pizza pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack.
- After 2-3 minutes using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the pizza pieces.
- Add love to make paneer pizza taste 'Yummy'.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.