I like breads…don’t know why…??? But I like trying out new breads may it be savory or sweet. When I was in Bangalore, whenever I use to pass by “Daily Breads/The French Loaf”, I use to stop by to check out new varieties of breads available. I love to try out different fillings to make sandwiches using breads. As I am bit lazy when it’s the matter of lunch….breads mostly come handy to me…so you can always check my fridge, there is bread in it….My lil’M too loves bread, but when it is served with nutella or jam or honey or as French toast.
Last evening bunch of my cousins dropped by to watch match on TV with me…It is like small get together…we often meet over match or movie as we think the fun doubles when we watch match or movie together…as we are not allowed to go out to watch movies in theatre….all we do is create a theatre experience at home, buy making popcorn, chips, snacks at home, getting cool drinks, etc.
At around seven I think, one of my cousin said…she is dam hungry and said lets all go out for dinner or order something….she also added I am not in a mood to eat…rice or roti…lets go and eat pizza or something….I was totally not in a mood to go out for dinner….and here the pizza you get is something like thick dry chapatti like with toppings and cheese overloaded….. I said just give me 10 minutes, I will get you something….then everyone said…we too are also hungry….lets go out…as it will take time to prepare anything for all…
I said just give me 15 minutes, I will get you all something filling and yummy….they said…please no maggi…as we are not in a mood for maggi now…I said nahi ‘yaroo’ (friends)…I will get you something which is different and which you will love to full…I bet you will lick your fingers off….all I need is fifteen minutes….hearing this they said…ok…lets wait for 15 minutes and see what magic she is going to do in her kitchen….One of my cousin came to help me in the kitchen…
I told her to cut buns and layer them with mayo. I started on with shredded tandoori chicken and within no time my ‘shredded tandoori chicken club sandwiches’ were ready to indulge. Seeing the sandwiches my cousins remarked they look perfect and upon tasting they all loved it….and they even commented and said…we think it would be good if you start your own sandwich catering business….and we all busted into laugh….It was a perfect evening, fun, food, laugh and loved ones…
Shredded Tandoori Chicken Club Sandwich
- 1 Hot dog bun/Baguette, sliced horizontally
- 1 cup shredded Tandoori Chicken *
- ½ tbsp. Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. sliced Onions
- 3 cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 Iceberg lettuce leaves
TO PREPARE FILLING:
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel or kadai, add oil and when it heats up add shredded tandoori chicken, pepper powder and salt. Mix well. Toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Coat inside the bun with mayonnaise and arrange lettuce leaves. On this add prepared filling on the inside of the bun along with sliced onions and halved tomatoes, cover with another half of bun and serve immediately.
Linking this recipe for ‘Cutchi Kitchen’ – Left Over Make Over event and giveaway
- If you are using left over tandoori chicken, as I did in this recipe then shredded it and toss in a tbsp. of oil to enhance the flavours.
- If you are using fresh tandoori chicken then no need to follow the first step under preparation.