Eggless Chocolate Chunk Cake is wonderfully moist and so delicious. Made with whole wheat flour, vegetable oil and jaggery, this cake recipe is easy and the best. If you are a chocolate lover and looking out for easy chocolate cake recipe, then this recipe is for you.
About This Recipe
Chocolate chunk cake is loaded with chunks of chocolate, cocoa powder and love. This cake is not too heavy and perfect with a cup of coffee or as a midnight snack. Don’t know why but my family loves eggless cakes more than cakes which contain eggs. So, this cake is purely eggless and the bonus is, it is refined sugar free and no butter. Wonderful, isn’t it?
Recently this has been our snack and my little one’s favorite. As this chocolate cake this refined sugar free and made with oil and wheat flour, I munch this guilt-free.
Ingredients To Make Chocolate Chunk Cake
Whole Wheat Flour | Atta – One of the common and easily available ingredients in Indian kitchens. I made this cake completely with whole wheat flour. You can use 50-50 of whole wheat and maida (all-purpose-flour) too.
Oil – This is a cake recipe with oil instead of butter. I used sunflower oil. You can use any flavourless vegetable oil.
Jaggery – As I mentioned, this is completely refined sugar free cake. I used jaggery to bring sweetness in the recipe. Use good quality jaggery powder in making this recipe. Fine jaggery powder is easily available in market. I recommend pulsing the jaggery powder in mixer, before adding it to the flour. Fine jaggery powder is easy to sieve and mixes up easily in batter.
Vanilla – You can use pure vanilla extract or essence in this cake recipe.
Milk – I used skimmed milk. Milk helps in bringing the necessary moisture in the cake. This also helps in combining the ingredients well.
Chocolate Chunks – I added Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Silk pieces. You can use any available milk chocolate. If using dark chocolate, then increase the quantity of jaggery. Dark chocolate will add slight bitter taste to cake. So, milk chocolate is best. Always remember to add chocolate pieces which are at room temperature.
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Good quality cocoa powder like Hershey’s, Cadbury or Happy Chef can be used. Cocoa powder brings color and flavour in the cake.
Eggless Chocolate Chunk Cake
This chocolate chunk cake is completely addictive and must-try. Five things about this cake that makes everyone love it are,
- It’s eggless
- Made with whole wheat flour
- Refined sugar-free
- No Butter
- Loaded with melt in mouth chocolate chunks
Must-Try Eggless Chocolate Cake and Muffin Recipes
These eggless cake and muffins are all time favorite among the readers of my blog. Microwave muffins take less than 2 minutes to bake. Super easy to make and perfect to satisfy un time hunger. Give these a try!
Tips To Make The Best Cake Without Eggs And Butter
Sieve whole wheat flour, jaggery, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda for at least 2-3 times. This will help in combining the ingredients well.
Always pour in wet ingredients in dry ingredients.
Fold the dry ingredients gently. Follow cut and fold method.
Cut and fold method of mixing cake batter gives a better, fresher and moist cake.
When the ingredients tight up and looks like crumble, then slowly add milk.
Keep folding until the batter looks smooth and shiny.
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup Oil
- ½ cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Jaggery powder
- ½ tbsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking Soda
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- How to make Eggless Chocolate Chunk Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 1800C. Grease and line a round cake pan.
- Sieve whole wheat flour, jaggery, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking
powder and baking soda in a bowl. Sieve for 2-3 times.
- Slowly add oil and fold in the dry ingredients. Combine until the batter
looks like crumbs.
- Now add vanilla extract. Combine well.
- Slowly add milk and fold in the batter. When the batter turns smooth fold in chocolate pieces.
- Carefully pour this batter in a prepared cake pan. Tap gently and place this cake pan in pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on 1800C or till toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Carefully remove the cake from oven and place the cake pan on wire rack.
Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently run the knife in the insides of the cake pan. Place a plate on
top and flip the cake.
- Remove the parchment and flip the cake again. Place it on wire rack
again. Leave the cake till it comes down to room temperature.
- Add love to make to make this chocolate cake taste ‘Yummy’.
Lubna’s Serving Suggestions:
Serve this chocolate chunk cake with chocolate syrup or ice cream or ganache chopped strawberries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 5gSugar: 31gProtein: 6g