Are you a popcorn enthusiast looking for a delightful twist on this beloved snack? Look no further and try this tantalizing combination of Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn! This recipe is a harmonious blend of sweet, rich chocolate and warm, fragrant cinnamon, taking your popcorn experience to a whole new level. In 3-simple steps make this mouthwatering treat which is perfect for cozy movie nights, gatherings, match days or indulgent self-care moments.
If you are looking for desi style spicy and flavorful popcorn recipe, then try my Reader’s All Time Favorite Achari Popcorn Recipe.
About This Recipe
When it comes to snacking, few things are as universally adored as popcorn. Its light, airy crunch makes it the ideal canvas for culinary creativity. Imagine the sweet seduction of chocolate mingling with the warm embrace of cinnamon. That’s what we’re talking about – Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn.
This delightful creation combines the familiar comfort of popcorn with the enchanting allure of two classic flavors. It’s a sweet and salty fusion that will tantalize your taste buds and elevate your snack game to a whole new level. Whether you’re gearing up for a cozy movie night, planning a get-together with friends, or just craving a unique treat, Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn is the answer. Get ready to discover a new favorite snack that’s simple, sweet and utterly irresistible.
Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn Ingredients
Creating the perfect batch of Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn is all about combining the right ingredients. You can easily find these ingredients in most grocery stores and these are inexpensive too. It is important to note that using high-quality ingredients will result in a better-tasting final product.
Popcorn Kernels: The basic ingredient of this recipe is popcorn kernels. You can pop your own using an air popper, microwave, or stovetop method for that fresh, crispy texture.
Sugar: Adds sweetness to the coating, creating that delectable contrast with the warm cinnamon.
Cocoa Powder: Intensifies the chocolate flavor, making it even more decadent. It’s a must-have ingredient for a true chocolatey experience.
Ground Cinnamon: This is the star of the show in this recipe, infusing the popcorn with its aromatic warmth and a hint of spiciness. It complements the sweetness of the chocolate beautifully.
Sea Salt: A touch of salt enhances the overall flavor profile, helping to balance the sweetness and highlight the spices.
Whether you’re enjoying it for a special occasion or just treating yourself to a delightful snack, these ingredients are the key to transforming ordinary popcorn into an extraordinary taste experience.
A Flavor Fusion Delight
Popcorn is a versatile snack that can be enjoyed guilt-free due to its low calorie and fat content. Unlike deep-fried alternatives, popcorn is air-popped, making it a healthier choice for those watching their weight or looking for a nutritious snack option.
One unique combination that many people have been curious about is fusion of popcorn and chocolate. The contrasting textures and flavors of these two beloved treats have the potential to create a delectable blend. Sadly, trying this enticing combination had always eluded me, until one day.
As I impatiently waited for the kernels to pop in the microwave, a thought crossed my mind. I reached for the cinnamon-cocoa powder that had been sitting on the shelf for far too long, destined to be used in a hot chocolate drink. With a sprinkle of this aromatic powder, my popcorn underwent a transformation.
The result? Pure bliss. The first batch vanished in no time, as the sweet and slightly spicy flavor of the cinnamon-cocoa powder danced on my taste buds. And so, I couldn’t resist making a second batch, which I savored alongside a soothing cup of freshly brewed mint-lemon tea. The combination was simply divine, with the flavors harmonizing to create a delightful snack experience.
If you’re looking for a unique twist to elevate your popcorn enjoyment, consider experimenting with flavors like chocolate and cinnamon. The possibilities are endless, and you never know what delicious surprises await you. So go ahead, treat yourself to a delightful snack and explore the world of popcorn beyond the classic buttered version.
Easy cinnamon and chocolate recipes To Try
- ¾ cup Popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon-cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp. sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. fine Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Coconut oil
How To Make Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn
- Pop in popcorn kernels as per your choice by adding 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- You can either pop corn kernels in microwave or on stove top.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, sea salt, sugar and cinnamon-cocoa powder. Whisk gently until combined. Add in fresh popped popcorn and toss until well combined. Serve warm.
- Add love to make this Chocolate Cinnamon Popcorn taste 'Yummy'.
NOTE: Instead of white granulated sugar, you can use brown sugar or jaggery powder.
How Do You Make Popcorn In The Microwave?
- Choose a Microwave-Safe Bowl or Bag. To this add popcorn kernels, add oil (optional). Season, if you are making plain popcorn. Cover the bowl or close the bag.
- Microwave on high for about 2 to 4 minutes. The exact time may vary depending on your microwave's wattage. You'll know it's done when there's a pause of about 2 seconds between pops.
- Carefully remove the bowl or bag from the microwave. It will be hot, so use oven mitts or a towel to handle it. Once you've safely handled the popcorn,
- it's ready to enjoy. You can serve it as is or add more seasonings if desired.
How Do You Cook Popcorn On The Stove Without Burning It?
- Select a heavy-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting lid. This will distribute heat evenly and keep the popcorn from sticking to the bottom or burning.
- Place the pot on the stove over medium heat. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pot. You want enough oil to cover the bottom of the pot, creating a thin layer.
- To test if the oil is hot enough, drop two or three popcorn kernels into the pot. When they pop, it's time to add the rest.
- Pour in enough popcorn kernels to form a single layer on the bottom of the pot. For a standard-sized pot, this will be around 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of popcorn kernels.
- Cover the pot with the lid, leaving it slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Now, periodically shake the pot gently to ensure even heating and to prevent any kernels from burning.
- As the pot heats up, you'll start to hear the popcorn kernels pop. Once the popping slows to about 2 seconds between pops, remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep the lid slightly ajar and let the steam escape for a minute or two to avoid making your popcorn soggy.
- Transfer the freshly popped popcorn to a large bowl and enjoy immediately.
Cooking popcorn on the stove without burning it requires a bit of patience and attentiveness. Keeping the pot moving and monitoring the heat will help ensure that you achieve perfectly popped, flavorful popcorn without any burnt bits. The result is worth the effort – a delicious, freshly made snack that's far superior to microwave popcorn.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1768mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible.