If you want me to pick one snack which I never get bore munching is ‘Popcorn’. Till recently I liked rather say tried savoury flavours in popcorn like butter or pepper or red chili or curry leaf powder (idli podi) or chaat masala…..but on my recent trip to grocery store , I came across different flavours of ready made popcorn and I was surprise to see some sweet ones like strawberry and caramel. Wondering how they would taste like I picked up strawberry flavored popcorn. Somehow, I was not satisfied with the taste of ready made ones…..and dropped the idea of sweet flavored popcorn.
Popcorn is like diet food to me. Not deep fried and can be popped in no time. I always wanted to try chocolate and popcorn together…but never got a chance. So when I was waiting for the popcorn to pop in microwave. I made my mind to add cinnamon-cocoa powder which was waiting in the shelf from long to go into hot chocolate drink. The result was absolutely yum….The first batch went in no time and then I made second batch to click and relish with my evening tea. The popcorn tasted best with fresh brewed mint-lemon tea.
Cinnamon Cocoa Popcorn
- ¾ cup Popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon-cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp. sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Coconut oil
How to make Cinnamon-Cocoa Flavored Popcorn
- Pop in popcorn kernels as per your choice. Either in microwave or by stove top method.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, sea salt, sugar and cinnamon-cocoa powder. Whisk gently until combined. Add in fresh popped popcorn and toss until well combined. Serve warm.
- Add love to make this Cinnamon Cocoa Flavored Popcorn taste “Yummy’.
- You can use butter instead of coconut oil and can skip sea salt.
- You can play around by adding cardamom or vanilla extract.
- I used unsweetened cocoa powder.