Spicy and filling Carrot and Coriander Soup is a comfort in a bowl recipe. This hearty and healthy soup is vegan, gluten and nut free. If you are following keto or paleo diet, you can easily include this soup in your menu. Just a handful of easily available ingredients and simple preparation steps is all you need to follow to make this nutritious and delicious soup.
Misty morning, chill breeze and cloudy sky is what January is all about. I love this weather, when sun comes shining little late. This type of weather demands a warm and comforting soup. Nothing can beat a bowl of goodness loaded warm soup. Soup to me is a liquid food, a bowl of comfort and warmth. I make soups more often and mostly during winter nights and evenings. So it’s rare that I click pics of soups, as I always want my soup to be indulged hot and I make it when I am in a mood to have it instantly….
Cooking from Jehanne’s Mini Cookbook
Long back when Jehanne sent me her heart-healthy mini cookbooks, I have bookmarked some soup recipes to try over. This Carrot and Coriander Soup was my first choice to make as I have got all the ingredients readily available at home. So without any delay I made this warming soup and I must say….nothing can beat a heart-healthy warming comfort bowl of homemade soup on a chilled winter night…
Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into 1’ inch pieces
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- ½ tbsp. Coriander powder
- 6 sprigs fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. Cream, optional
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and drop in chopped onion and garlic. Fry till onion slices turn translucent.
- Now add carrot pieces, black pepper powder, coriander powder, paprika and oregano. Stir on low flame and add water. Simmer until carrots turn soft and tender.
- Add coriander leaves. Transfer this to a blender and pulse till smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot and place on the stove over low heat till you get thick soup consistency.
- Season with salt and finish it off by adding cream, if using (skip cream, if you are vegan). Serve warm.
- Add ‘love’ to make this soup taste ‘Yummy’.