When I said it is a luxury to get pampered by mom….I has to admit it is fun to grow up with sibling who shares a huge age gap…..i feel as if it is just yesterday my sweet little sister was playing with her cute little kitchen toys…making tea in a small cup and happily forcing everyone to have a sip….and making some sweet dish with bread and making us eat and secretly taking a small bit of dough from mom and making chapatti by rolling it in her palms and floor….turning the chapatti black. And slowly while growing up she lost in her own world of books, school and college……studies…studies and studies was only there in her mind…..In the course of time I have never seen her resting for a while….every time she was with books…..working on seminars, reading or writing down or making notes on lectures……In this period of time I somewhere missed her naughty gestures, sweet moments and innocent looks….but I am happy that she is grown up into a beautiful and responsible girl.
I told all this because today’s recipe is purely from my sweet little sister…..when I saw her making and serving this recipe…..a flash from the past just crossed over my mind and it was like seeing my lil sister again playing innocently in her own world……but with maturity……Thank you AllahTala for blessing me with such a sweet and cuddly sister.Coming to the recipe, it’s simple and it’s easy…..Just a handful of easily available ingredients can turn up an perfect snack with tea or coffee. This chat is going to participate in Flavours of South India hosted by Nayna of Simply Food, also going to participate in Any One Can Cook series#30 by Umm Mymoonah of Taste Of Pearl City and also going to participate in Seasonal Indulgence Series: Monsoon Medley hosted by Sukanya of Saffronstreaks. INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups Puffed rice
- 1 medium sized Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tomato, de-seeded and chopped
- ½ tbsp. Chat Masala
- ½ tbsp. Red chili powder
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh minced Coriander
- 2 tbsp. fresh Lime juice
- On a low flame in a heavy bottom skillet toss puffed rice for 1 minute and transfer into a bowl.
- In a bowl mix sliced onions, chopped tomatoes, chat masala, chili powder and salt. To this mixture add puffed rice and gently toss over.
- Before serving add minced coriander and lime juice. Serve immediately with tea or coffee or any juice.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
- You can even add dry roasted peanuts or cashews or both.
- You can even add fried corn flakes.
- You can add boiled sweet corn and boiled potato pieces.
- You can even add chopped raw mango pieces, when they are in season.
- My mom sometimes add tempered curry leaves, this enhances the flavor of puffed rice.