5 Must Try Andhra Dal Recipes
Mudda Pappu | Andhra Special Recipe
Mudda Pappu is also served in combo with Chaaru or Rasam. Every house have their own version of chaaru and rasam recipes. But to me, tangy tamarind chaaru and pappu is truly a winning combo that make a comfort meal. Whenever I run out of ideas then I depend on this combo of rice, chaaru, dal, pickle and papad or aloo fry. Simple to make recipe with just two handy ingredients. I learnt to dry roast the dal from my Mom-in-law. Dry roasting the dal gives a strong and sharp flavour to the recipe. Try it to taste it.
- 1 cup Tuvar/Toor dal
- Salt, as per taste
How to make Mudda Pappu
- Dry roast tuvar dal (toor dal) until nice aroma wafts.
- Turn off the flame and leave it to cool. Once the dal cools down, wash thoroughly.
- Pressure cook it with enough water and a drop of oil.
- After dal is completely cooked add salt and mash it with wooden smasher or spoon.
- Serve with hot rice, ghee and pickle.
- Add ‘love’ to make this pappu taste ‘YUMMY’.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g