Where does the winter disappear? Suddenly over the night the season has changed in Chennai…..bright sun come shining in early morning and stays long in the evening…making the day long and night short. Dry wind and humid climate is what the summer is all about in Chennai. As this going to be my very first summer in Chennai, I don’t know how I am going to go along this season.
Easy, simple and comforting food is my choice for summers. Dal, roti, chawal aur achar is my ultimate comfort food. I can survive on this menu for days. Masoor ki dal is one of my very favourite recipe to go with rice or roti….Easy to make and no need to soak or pressure cook this dal. Check out how to cook these lentils in yum way…..
Khadi Masoor ki Dal
- 1 cup Masoor dal/Red Lentils
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies slit length-wise
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh Coriander leaves
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and fry sliced onions till translucent. Now add chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Fry till they turn soft. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 more minute.
- Now add washed masoor ki dal along with red chili powder and turmeric. Fry for 1 minute and add 2 ½ cups of water and cook covered on low flame till dal turns soft.
- Add water if required (if the dal is not cooked) and season with salt.
- Add minced coriander leaves and turn off the flame. Serve hot with roti or rice.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
Stay tuned for some simple and yummy summer recipes…